Peace Pies

760-479-0996

133 Daphne St (at Pacific Coast Hwy 101), Encinitas, California, USA, 92024

The 2nd location of this raw food cafe, located behind Mozy's. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Favorite Raw Food Restaurant - Edit

I love this place! Everything is Raw Vegan, non-gmo, organic and no soy. The cashew cheese is delicious and I recommend their almond butter bar and Mango curry wrap.

Pros: delicious, organic, raw

Cons: far if you live in East San Diego

So. Dang. Good. - Edit

I first came here when was doing a 30-day raw challenge at the beginning of the year and got kind of sick eating my same fruit and "zoodles" every day- I figured I'd give it a shot with no high expectations..and wow. I ended up buying two entrees (one for lunch, one for dinner) and a raw dessert just to see what that was all about. I got the Nori Nirvana Wrap and the Majestic Mediterranean Wrap. I took all of it to go since my non-raw husband was uninterested and full from earlier. I started out with the Nori Nirvana since I was more familiar with the ingredients and was starving. When I opened the (biodegradable)*bonus points box, there was a nice amount of crispy cheesy tasting kale chips on the side! I didn't know the food came with that, so I was pleasantly surprised. They were delicious. The wrap was wonderful as well with a sweet soy tasting dipping sauce. Later on I ate the mediterranean wrap and was blown away. I ended up liking that one even more than the Nori one and did not think that was going to be the case! It's filled with some sprouted lentil falafel (sounds weird- tastes exactly like a real falafel but less dry somehow), hummus, some veggies and a tasty dill cucumber sauce all wrapped up in a big collard green leaf. I had this almost two months ago now and I still think about it (must be time to go back). :)

The dessert I got was a brownie- it was okay. I mean it's a raw dessert and I had no clue what to expect! The lady who rang me up was awesome with a bunch of deals and a little kid in one of those baby-wearing contraptions. Very friendly and helpful with the menu as well.

Pros: Best Raw Food EVER, Prices aren't bad, Good value

Cons: I have no cons here.

so much flavor - Edit

Who knew raw vegan could taste so good! Hands down most fav vegan restaurant I've eaten at. I will be back!

Great SoCal Raw Vegan Option - Edit

I love going to Peace Pies. Many days I will drive down from Oceanside for lunch breaks. I love how they offer holiday meal packages. They have great tasting raw vegan meals. You do have to be prepared and know that a raw vegan 'pizza' or 'burger' will NOT be like a normal pizza/burger...but if you accept that you are eating a gourmet, fresh prepared meal and leave expectations at the door you will love everything. I wish they regularly offered raw vegan soup, which they only offer on special occasions. They also host great raw vegan information events. Wonderful staff. Always friendly. I can even bring my non-vegan friends here and they do not feel alienated. Everyone is welcome here.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 17, 2016

Pros: Great food, Raw Vegan (Rare find in SoCal), Holiday Meal Prep Packages

Cons: No soup : ), Little high on price, but expected, Need to update their menu with new items

Excellent - Edit

I've lived in this area for years and today was the first time I had eaten here and I will most definitely be going back and bringing people with me! I had the Magical Mediterranean wrap with avocado added. It was a little bit more than I usually spend on lunch so I won't be going there every day but I did really enjoy the food. The cucumber dill sauce was really good. And I always enjoy places that have a water cooler with cups and straws.

Pros: Sauces, Water Cooler, Ambiance

Cons: Price

great dinner - Edit

After a stop on the beach for sunset, we located this little gem. Once again happy cow comes to the rescue for dinner. We stopped in and ordered quesadilla with the walnut meat, and the burger. The quesadilla was fantastic. The burger was good, we are not big fans of raw bread, other wise nice flavors. We also grabbed a couple of desserts. Key lime pie & a chocolate toffee bar. Both amazing, so happy I love a couple of states away!! This place could be deadly:)

Pros: all vegan, cozy, friendly staff

Cons: pricy

Dry - Edit

Despite the great reviews, I found the food I ate here to be really dry and high in fat. The taste was mediocre in my opinion. The best thing about this place is that they are vegan. I just don't like high fat food very much.

Pros: All Vegan , Creative

Cons: High Fat , Expensive, Small

More than what it seems - Edit

After an ultra indulgent vegan dinner, my husband and I headed down the road to score some vegan desserts. This small natural cafe sits tucked away on a side road off PCH 101, which means you have to keep a close eye out for it. We each had the raw coconut cream pie, and it was quite delish. The real secret topic is that this place is not what it seems- aside from rW organic vegan pastries, they also offer a savory menu and even have a small display case with vegan artisanal cheeses. A definite for a sweet treat, and I'm looking forward to our next visit for a light lunch option.

AMAZING!!!! - Edit

I was recently in Carlsbad on vacation and made it a point to go to this restaurant 3 times while visiting! It was absolutely amazing! I brought new people with me each time I went and not one of us had a bad meal!

I personally tried the nachos, the burger, and the raw tacos. Also bought several desserts and brought them to the vacation house to enjoy during the week. This place was out of this world.

Very friendly staff with the exception of one person who had no personality or enthusiasm.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Cute patio for dining

peace pies in Encinitas - Edit

We drove down from Temecula, as we were in town for a bike race and boy was it worth the drive. Best raw nachos and falafel I've tasted. The wife had the mock tuna and it was great. The blueberry pie was amazing. We bought the cookbook and some cookies for the road and will definitely be back when were in the vicinity

Excellent Raw Food - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and ate here in June 2012. Here's my Peace Pies review.

This is their second location, the other one is somewhere in San Diego. I was here a long time ago when it was another raw food establishment (The Raw Greenery).

The space is very lovely, small interior with a nice patio courtyard right in front. All of it tucked behind Mozy's Cafe off the main road.

When I had read the name, I thought the menu would be just raw pies, but it wasn't like that at all. The concise menu features a small variety of raw food savories, and the refrigerator case stocks some of their smoothies, juices, almond milk, and raw dessert pies.

We got the day's special, mango wrap, and it was delicious. It had a dehydrated mango and veggies sheet as wrap with the inside filled with fresh sprouts, avocado, fresh mango chunks.

We had also got a bottle of their in-house almond milk. A bit sweet for my personal liking but still very yummy.

The house-made kale chips are good, too.

Peace Pies is a must-eat when in Encinitas.

Pros: quiet, good food, great beach nearby

BrianJ.Reeves 17 Mar 2016 - Totally agree with everything said, and good idea to talk about the location...it can be difficult to find since Mozy's is more prominently displayed off the main street. :)

tasty and healthy - Edit

On our way to San Diego for the weekend, we stopped at Peace Pies to get some lunch. So glad we did. They have a cute little place with an outdoor patio and small store too. We ordered the kale salad, a slice of the marinated veggie pizza and the Western cheeseburger special. They were all tasty. The burger patty was particularly delicious as was the strawberry almond milk drink we had. For dessert, we enjoyed the cinnamon roll and a slice of pie. We definitely plan to stop here again next time we drive by.

Pros: tasty raw dishes, nice atmosphere, organic and local

Return to Encinitas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peace Pies closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.