CLOSED: Peace Harmony - Erskine St

Contact 02-92622247

44 Erskine St, Sydney, New South Wales, CBD 2000

Vegetarian Thai cuisine menu. Has veggieduck salad, papaya salad, currys, stir frys, and more. BYO. Apr 2016 reported food is vegan; a drink contains dairy. Confirmed closed December 2016. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Take-out

First Review by janivegan

Satay sticks were delicious! - Edit

We came here very late on a Saturday night just before the kitchen closed. Staff were attentive and friendly, answering my questions about dishes without rushing us. We ordered a spicy vegetable dish and the laksa for mains; and spring rolls and satay sticks for entrée. The satay sticks were delicious - very crispy soy mock meat pieces skewered and served on a tasty rich peanut sauce. The spring rolls were good, arriving crispy and very hot. The laksa was alright but not really my style of laksa. It was more of a curry gravy consistency than a soup. It had soy mock chicken as well as two types of tofu squares. It was too rich and I couldn't finish it. My partner's vegetable dish that I can't recall the name of was quite spicy, slightly too much going on. It had soy mock pork through it that was tasty but had a rubbery texture. For someone who tries to avoid processed soy all up there was too much soy in our combined meals. I wouldn't order those two mains again but would actually return just for the satay sticks!

Pros: All vegan, Friendly service

Cons: Lots of processed soy

Disappointing - Edit

Really disappointing experience. My husband ordered the papaya salad, it was the size of a side salad, soggy and not fresh and cost $16.90. My stir fry dish came out cold (as did the rice) at $16.90 plus $2.50 for rice this place is a complete rip off. Food is mediocre at best and way over priced. So many better places to go in Central Sydney, I'd give this one a miss.

Cons: Small portions, Over priced

CBD vegan staple - Edit

Tasty food. Can be a bit more spicy than expected (something not even listed as spicy had 2 birds eye chillis in it!) if you'd prefer no chilli best to mention it. Good value and great location. Varied menu. Very busy at lunchtimes so wait times can be long.

Pros: tasty, varied menu

Cons: spicer than menu indicates, slow service at lunchtime

love it - Edit

I worked in darling harbour for 4 years and was pretty frustrated not finding good Vege options in many of the restaurants that I have visited there.
but once I found this I never tried going anywhere else.
I wish they were open on we nights, so we could go there now that I no longer work in city.

Cons: wish they had a bigger n better sitting arrangemen

Nice find - Edit

We were in Chiang Mai Thailand for the Raw Till 4 Thai Fruit Festival earlier in the year and this place reminded us of the food we had at the vegan restaurants there.

I had the Gand Dang (gluten free Thai curry) with 3 kinds of rice and Niki had the Soy Satay Skewers with rice. I have a video review on my website, see my profile.

We'll be back to try more!

Pros: Friendly Service, Authentic and Tasty

Great for lunch - Edit

I used to work near this place, it's a great place to get a take away but when I've eaten there at night I've been really underwhelmed. I put it down to their incredibly crappy service. Question: How many times must you ask for tea when there is one other customer in the place? Answer: Three times.

The other major problem I have with the place is that they seem to just throw every mock meat they have into the bowl without any care whatsoever. I expect it's great for carnivores but to us it looked bad and there was no chance of either us even getting through half of it.

Pros: Lunch servings are smaller., It's cheap and tasty for lunch

Cons: Far too much mock meat, Service is abysmal

AMAZING VEGO FOOD! - Edit

I absolutely love this place! Great, inexpensive thai vegetarian with no onion or garlic. Friendly staff have often taken my reservation with pre order so on arrival we've had our starters and ready to go!! There is also easy street parking on weeknights around the corner on sussex street.

Pros: tasty, cheap, friendly staff

Cons: dont do delivery outside the CBD!!

rare awesomeness - Edit

Sydney cbd. Vegan food. Open on Saturday night.
When do those three things ever intersect? The wait is over.

Excellent tasty food. Good value, generous but not oversized portions. Last order is about 9 or 9:30 on Saturday night.

Gluten-free options on the menu. They will cater for allergy requirements if you ask.

Don't be put off by the name - its not bland Chinese Buddhist food. It's Thai and there's no shortage of flavour. The duck salad proves it. I like the fresh salad vegies that come with a lot of the dishes, as I think it keeps the mouth clean and clear.

If you're inclined, there's wine and non-alcoholic beer available.

Lots of pubs and bars nearby too for afterwards.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 02, 2013

Pros: vegan and vego, Sensitive to allergy requirements, open Saturday night

Tasty, fresh food - Edit

Peace Harmony serves some very tasty dishes -- almost all with mock meats -- and some creative departures from Thai stock-standards. However, I can't recommend any of their appetisers, and generally find the food a bit too sweet. Also good for take-away. Definitely the best-value vegan offering in Sydney's CBD area, perhaps only rivaled by the Peace Harmony store a block away, on King St.

Pros: good value, quick service

Cons: lots of sugar, small venue

Soooo Gooooooood - Edit

Thankyou universe for bringing me to this place! A mate took me here on a recent visit to sunny Sydney and I'm so glad he did. From the outside Peace Harmony looks quiet and unassuming (perhaps even a little dull and average) but I assure you the food is anything but. I'm not usually one for mock meats but eating here completely changed my mind. We had a Pad Thai that was probably the best I've ever had, a soup with mock prawns and tofu (also rivalling my all-time favourite soup experiences) and THE MOST INCREDIBLE MOCK FISH I HAVE EVER HAD, EVER! GENIUS! Yeah I sound like a nutbag now but it really was that good. The servings were extremely generous, and all together cost less than $30. Service was fine; friendly and fast enough. Only annoying thing is they don't serve alcohol.

Pros: AMAZING FOOD, inexpensive, all vegan!

Cons: no alcohol

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Peace Harmony - Erskine St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.