Peace Cafe

Contact n/a

East River Rd (at btwn Preah An Kau Saa Pagoda and Polangka Pagoda), Siem Reap, Cambodia,

A not-for-profit garden cafe, moved here in early-2015. Provides vegetarian food (no egg), a bakery, a fair trade shop, and vegetarian cooking classes. Has Wi-Fi and computer access. Free community space upstairs for yoga and meditation practice and a movie library and viewing area. Eco-social displays and networking focal point for projects in the region. Information on NGOs, responsible volunteering and eco friendly tours. Traditional Cambodian chapei music Thursday evening, children's dance Saturday night. Swings, sand pit, and values-based board games for children. Previously located south of current location, Apr 2015. Directions: from Amanzara Resort, cross the old steel bridge and turn left, follow the river about 700 meters. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Western, Juice bar, Asian, Bakery

First Review by VeganChu

Great Vegetarian cafe and restaurant with yoga too - Edit

All Vegetarian with numerous vegan options. The Khmer Kreung Khtis is a delicious dip, have it with brown rice because the bread is not vegan. Tempura is also a tasty vegan option, as is the range of sushi.

Staff always helpful and friendly and there is a fair trade shop to buy gifts.

Daily yoga classes.

Relaxed and peaceful garden setting, they have natural repellent to keep the mosquitoes away :-)

Highly recommend.

A haven - Edit

Literally a haven of peace. All seating is outside and feels very tranquil. I visited twice. The first time, I partook in the cooking class, which was all vegan and delicious. We made fresh spring rolls, green papaya salad and a curry.
I returned the following morning and did the Indian yoga class, which was the best yoga class I've ever done, a mix of yoga and meditation, it really felt like a spiritual experience rather than just exercise. I ate breakfast here afterwards - fruit salad and a vegan crepe with a sweet kind of marmalade.
Great place to chill and learn new things. Lovely fair trade gift shop inside to mooch around. I would have liked to do the one on one meditation if I had stayed longer.

Pros: Relaxing atmosphere, Yummy and cheap food, Activities on offer

Peace Cafe, SIem Rea - Edit

Some pros and cons from visit today. I had some enjoyable vegan food. I didn't do a count up by I estimate around 50% of the many is marked as vegan on the menu. There's an issue with that though. Following a recommendation I ordered the Khmer Kreung Khtis that is clearly marked as vegan with a choice of either rice or bread. My spouse to sanity checked asked if the rice and bread are both prepared vegan. The server checked with the kitchen who reported back that the bread isn't vegan as it's made with milk. This is a big negative for me. Mislabeling like this not only jeopardises people's philosophical values; it is also a health risk for allergy sufferers.

As well as the Khmer Kreung Khtis with rice we had Vegetarian Amok (traditional khmer light curry cooked in tumeric) and also Green Mango Salad (white cabbage, long bean, carrot, tomato, peanut & fresh herbs). My spouse to drink ordered a fresh coconut. I had a smoothie. I forgot to ask if the smoothie had sugar added. it turned out that it did. I'd prefer they asked before adding the sugar.

The staff were nice and everything tasted great.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Tasty food, Nice staff

Cons: Menu item incorrectly labeled vegan, Sugar added to smoothie without asking, All vegan is always better

The best!! - Edit

I loved peace cafe. Many choices of seating available from lounging mats to the standard table and chairs. The prices are really good and cheaper than most veg places in town and the food was remarkably good! I went twice and had the vegetarian amok then the red curry. If I wasn't too full I would have loved to try their sorbet (4 or 5 diff flavours). All of the dishes that are vegan are labeled with a v on the menu, lots of choices!
They also offer yoga classes and a monk chat :)

Pros: Lots of options, vegan dishes clearly labeled so,

Excellent food, good prices! - Edit

Discovered the place the day before we left, nevertheless we spent a lot of time here, because the place is super beautiful and the food is so good. Unfortunately the panini, burger and toast are not vegan because there's milk in it. Prices are cheap compared to the other veggie places in siem reap. Staff is super friendly.
Has a fair trade shop and yoga classes. So worth it!

Pros: cheaper than other veggie places in siem reap, beautiful setting

friendly place with many vegan options - Edit

The ambiance (quiet garden) and service are great and being a training restaurant the waiters are very polite and caring.
The food was quite good though the bean salad was too simple and it even came without beans but staff added chickpeas to it when requested. Ban xeo was OK.
Not vegan and they actually use a lot of animal products in food even when it's not "necessary" at all such as in the bread (which I find really strange". Clear indications for vegans though and all is vegetarian.

Pros: service and garden

Fantastic - Edit

This place is wonderful. A beautiful oasis of greenery and calm, with very friendly staff and a wide range of vegan options on the menu. The banana flower salad was sensational and I would totally return again just for that. However, next time that I return (and I will), I should probably try one of their other dishes, as they have loads of yummy sounding things on offer. The food here was DELICIOUS and it was a great spot for a hungry, salad loving vegan (if you don't love salad then there's plenty for you to choose from too. But seriously: get on the salad train. You won't regret it!).

Pros: Banana flower salad, Beautiful garden setting, Great juices

Cons: Earnest platitudes adorning the walls, Not 100% vegan

Just What We Were Looking For - Edit

A lovely little cafe. Vegan breakfast options are a bit limited but lots to offer for other meals. Love the fair trade shop and the yoga, meditation and cooking classes available. Think this will be back lots if times before we leave.

A sanctuary - Edit

Wow, love this place! Huge menu to choose from, and so although we visited a few times, we didn't try everything, but what we did have was fantastic. Really beautiful outdoor area to sit and relax in. The shop is also wonderful and filled with locally hand crafted items and the wi-fi is fast so you can be productive if you need to be. I saw they also have yoga classes, although I didn't have a chance to try these out. Perfect place for breakfast or lunch. Staff are friendly and helpful too.

Pros: Great veggie menu, Relaxing environment, Lovely staff

Great food and place! - Edit

I have eaten twice here (so far) and I love it. The vegan food is clearly marked on the menu, and taste amazing!! The only problem is to chose as there are so many options.
The prices are regular ($3/4 for a plate), and the atmosphere is splendid with the luxurious garden!
Plus they have good wifi, do yoga classes and sell fairtrade handicrafts.
What more do you need?

Pros: Vegan clearly marked, Tasty, Social project with yoga

Cons: A bit out of the center

My favourite place in the whole of siem reap - Edit

All the food here is really really good, and we returned on multiple occasions so had chance to sample many dishes and they all impressed. The smoothies are also yummy and the vegan carrot cake is out of this world and only 1$ which is amazing when you are a traveller on a budget!! And price wise, Peace cafe is pretty good, main dishes ranging from llike 3$ to 5$.

Pros: Friendly staff, Huge menu with lots of choice, Lovely atmosphere- outside seating + comfy chairs

Cons: A bit far out from centre town

Nice Outdoor Place - Edit

They have a pretty extensive menu and I found lots of options for vegans all clearly marked so things must have changed since these previous reviews. The dishes I had were all really good. It's in a really nice garden setting so a pretty cool place to hang out especially if you are going with kids who need to be kept amused as they can play and it's big enough to be far from the road.
Location has moved and it's slightly out of town but easily walkable and easy to find, right on the river road.

a real gem - Edit

This was a lovely little place, set in a beautiful garden. All the food is prepared fresh so it's a bit of a wait and this just encourages you to kick back and relax for a while. All the dishes we tried were great. The staff were friendly. They serve beer and wine.

Our favorite spot in Siem Reap - Edit

We're so happy with this place! The food and drinks are delicious (the Khmer red curry and the mushroom & tofu panini especially so) and the setting is quiet and beautiful. We also enjoyed the yoga sessions ($6) and the cooking class ($20) very much.

The cooking class is held in a nice little room upstairs. You learn how to make fresh spring rolls, a papaya salad, and amok from start to finish, and it's much fun. Don't make the mistake we did to eat something before the class starts - you make and get to eat plenty of food!

Along with Banllé Vegetarian Restaurant, Peace Café is the best place to go in Siem Reap.

Pros: Beautiful and relaxed, delicious food, yoga and cooking class

Cons: A bit off (not very far)

Wonderful place - Edit

A wonderful little restaurant. The food was excellent. A good choice of Thai style vegetarian food.

The staff were very friendly and the shop of local fair trade goods was sweet.

One of the best pure veggie choices in Siem Reap.

great food and cookery course - Edit

This friendly little place is just off the road but is filled with lush foliage and had a laid back atmosphere. Best vegan food I've had in Cambodia (and Vietnam). We took a cookery class and the food is delicious and plentiful! Highly recommended.

Pros: fresh delicious food

Amazing Atmosphere - Edit

You sit in a beautiful beach-like garden with Sand and palmtrees, nice people around you and the best juices ever
The food was so tasty

Pros: Beautiful Garden, Tasty, Nice Stuff

Nice atmosphere, limited choices for vegans! - Edit

I really liked the location, as it is a relaxed and quiet place, which is not so easy to find in Siem Reap...
Many tables are placed on sand, but beware: I got bitten by some sand fleas. When I noticed we changed the table to one underneath a fan with no sand, which I'd recommend to do directly.
The food is nothing special, no extraordinary choices, mostly dishes you are also likely to find in non-veggie places. But the taste is good, and the coffee (yes, they have soy milk....) was great!
What really annoys me is that even though they bake their own bread and cookies and cakes, they use milk in all of that. Even in the bread! So, no sandwiches and desserts for vegans!!!

Pros: nice atmosphere, great coffee

Cons: milk in lots of items, sand fleas

Return to Siem Reap Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peace Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.