CLOSED: PCC Natural Market - West Seattle

• Health-food-store Health Store

206-632-6811

2749 California Ave SW (at West Seattle), Seattle, Washington, USA, 98116

Part of local cooperative chain of natural food markets. Features a deli, juice bar, fresh fruits and vegetables, organic bulk foods, grocery, and more. Closed for redevelopment until 2019.

First Review by cheeselover

Decent place to shop - Edit

It's a co-op at a somewhat central location for West Seattle. Glad it's there.

It's got a bit of an upscale, fru-fru feel, but the prices are still reasonable (though a bit higher than other places). They have a small bulk section and plenty of organic food. It would be nice if the bulk section was bigger, considering the amount of floor space dedicated to pre-packaged food such as chips.

Pros: Has a bulk section, even if it's small, It's a co-op, Plenty of organic food at decent prices

Cons: A little fru-fru, Could have lower prices

Grumpy afternoon store manager - Edit

I've been a regular customer at the West Seattle PCC for about ten years now. I visited the store late this afternoon and had a not-so-nice encounter with a new (second-shift?) store manager, to my utmost surprise because until now my every experience at every PCC in Seattle has been very nice.

I didn't get this new person's name because I left the store ungrounded and frazzled by my experience. Right now I'm undecided whether I'll go back and get his name, in order to write up a report, or give him some slack and test him a few times to see if the guy was just having a bad day.

HappyCow is forcing me to rate this store. Up until now I would have given it the highest rating, but today's experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth, so I don't know whether to rate it #4-very good or #3-fair, so I'm giving it the latter.

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: PCC Natural Market - West Seattle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.