Pause Cafe

Contact 519-255-7288

74 Chatham St W (at Pelissier), Windsor, Ontario, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Relaxed cafe atmosphere with modern furnishings. Soups, sandwiches, and salads. Has a grilled vegetable sandwich with hummus. Uses local ingredients. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by maulydaft

Delicous, Amazing & Healthy food! - Edit

Amazing-fresh-homemade salads in addition to their homemade soup and ice creme.
My Dutch students bought 2 salads, a soup, sandwitch and one of their unique tea selections. They loved all of it and want to go back tomorrow for lunch again as do I.
I had ordered the curry quinoa salad with cranberries and the sweet potato soup and they were both amazing. I'm going back tomorrow to order a sandwich and salad to take with me to the University.
It's the perfect place if you want a helathy affordable meal especially if your staying in a hotel and don't have your own kitchen available. We are so fortunate to have found it!

Pros: Fresh, Healthy, Vegan/Vegetarian

Cons: Small round tables ideal 4 only 2 people, No hotel delivery, No credit cards, cash only

Plenty for Vegans - Edit

Emphasis on unique, creative home made soups and salads. Usually two vegan soups on, as well as a few great tasting salads. One time all four soups were vegan! Also a wonderful vegan sandwich. Coffee, tea, espresso etc. Just off the main drag in Windsor, this is a great little café.

Pros: Food is delicious, Soups vary daily, Inexpensive

Cons: Small tables

will have to try again - Edit

There's just not much for a vegan to eat in Windsor, if you've done the Asian food and falafels. You could just keep going to Taloolah's but sometimes you want a change. So I tried these guys and had a tofu tomato salad. It was ok. A bit too vinegar-y and I got a large which was WAY too much for one sitting. Not that it fills you up, but you just didn't want to eat that much of it.
Anyway, I didn't really notice anything else vegan that day (tho plenty of veg) so I will have to try again some time. (I don't live in Windsor and only visit 2-3 times a year).

Pros: downtown, decent prices, selection for vegetarian

Cons: not so hot for vegans

Return to Windsor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pause Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1946 times since Jan 2011.