Pause Cafe

519-255-7288

74 Chatham St W (at Pelissier), Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Serves meat, vegan options available. Relaxed cafe atmosphere with modern furnishings. Soups, sandwiches, and salads. Has a grilled vegetable sandwich with hummus. Uses local ingredients.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by maulydaft

Discrimination! - Edit

I heard rave reviews for this place on TripAdvisor, Happy Cow, and from locals and I was eager to check this place out! Being a vegan, it was one of the few places in Windsor that served vegan options. So, I arrived early and waited around for it to open, only to be met with DISCRIMINATION.
The owner saw my service dog and told me to get her out of here. I explained that she was a service dog and had a right to be here. He then asked, rudely, if I was blind. I said no and explained that under the Human Rights Act of Canada, I have the right to bring my service dog into any place of business without discrimination. He proceeded to call my dog a filthy animal and continued to be rude to me. At this point, there was no way this guy was getting my money, so I left!

Delicous, Amazing & Healthy food! - Edit

Amazing-fresh-homemade salads in addition to their homemade soup and ice creme.
My Dutch students bought 2 salads, a soup, sandwitch and one of their unique tea selections. They loved all of it and want to go back tomorrow for lunch again as do I.
I had ordered the curry quinoa salad with cranberries and the sweet potato soup and they were both amazing. I'm going back tomorrow to order a sandwich and salad to take with me to the University.
It's the perfect place if you want a helathy affordable meal especially if your staying in a hotel and don't have your own kitchen available. We are so fortunate to have found it!

Pros: Fresh, Healthy, Vegan/Vegetarian

Cons: Small round tables ideal 4 only 2 people, No hotel delivery, No credit cards, cash only

Plenty for Vegans - Edit

Emphasis on unique, creative home made soups and salads. Usually two vegan soups on, as well as a few great tasting salads. One time all four soups were vegan! Also a wonderful vegan sandwich. Coffee, tea, espresso etc. Just off the main drag in Windsor, this is a great little café.

Pros: Food is delicious, Soups vary daily, Inexpensive

Cons: Small tables

will have to try again - Edit

There's just not much for a vegan to eat in Windsor, if you've done the Asian food and falafels. You could just keep going to Taloolah's but sometimes you want a change. So I tried these guys and had a tofu tomato salad. It was ok. A bit too vinegar-y and I got a large which was WAY too much for one sitting. Not that it fills you up, but you just didn't want to eat that much of it.
Anyway, I didn't really notice anything else vegan that day (tho plenty of veg) so I will have to try again some time. (I don't live in Windsor and only visit 2-3 times a year).

Pros: downtown, decent prices, selection for vegetarian

Cons: not so hot for vegans

Return to Windsor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pause Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.