Paulie Gee's

Contact 347-987-3747

60 Greenpoint Ave (at Greenpoint area), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11222

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hipster-urban barn decor pizzeria with a few outlets; this is flagship location. Offers vegan pizza menu items with ingredients like house-made vegan fennel sausage, cashew ricotta cheese, Italian tomatoes, nutritional yeast. Pizzas are baked inside a Neapolitan-style wood-burning brick oven. Open Mon-Fri 6:00pm-11:00pm, Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by happycowgirl

Best Vegan Pizza - Edit

Hands down best vegan pizza I've tried. The Inricotta da Vegan pizza is incredible. Their vegan sausage and ricotta are homemade and full of flavor. They have a full vegan pizza menu and one for vegan desserts! Waiting time is always ~1hr so I recommend putting your name down and having a drink at a local bar while you wait.

Pros: vegan pizza menu, vegan desserts menu

Cons: waiting time is always ~1hr

outstanding - Edit

A lot of vegan options. The VDS + mushrooms is one of the most unique vegan pizzas Ive had. Great service. Had a fun chat w Paulie. Great atmosphere. Reasonably priced. Waited too long to try this place.

pretty good for vegans - Edit

The vegan options they have are very classy and tasty. But they don't have daiya anymore, so don't go there if you have your heart set on a gooey salty cheesy slice!

Pros: nice ambience, nice service, vegan sausage and ricotta

Cons: no daiya

In Ricotta da Vegan - Edit

This pizza was absolutely fantastic. I have been thinking about it ever since I went there a month ago. Cons: they do not take reservations. My party of 2 was lucky to only wait 30 minutes on a Saturday night. Larger groups were waiting up to and over an hour. Staff was nothing to write home about. One thing I found strange was that the open kitchen area has the same dim lighting as the rest of the restaurant. It worried me that people were preparing our food in candlelight. How could they possibly see what they were doing?

Pros: Vegan Ricotta/Fennel Sausage Pizza!, Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies!, Nutritional yeast offered as topping

Cons: Limited hours of operation. , They don't take reservations, Cooks work in the dark.

Outstanding pizza! - Edit

This place is really good. Well, at least, this is how I like pizza. Thin crust, cooked in a wood fired oven, a scattering of fresh ingredients and very little cheese (not like Pizza Hut). The atmosphere is intentionally rustic, dimly lit, and a little tight, but cozy. I went by myself on a Saturday night and I waited 20 minutes for a seat. It was well worth the wait.

The place serves meat and dairy, but the entire back side of the menu is dedicated to vegan pizza. I can't remember the fancy name they gave the pizza I ordered, but it was a thin crust pizza with red sauce, fired in the oven with fennel seed "sausage" and then finished after baking with dollops of vegan ricotta "cheese" and sprinkled with arugula. I savored every bite.

The owner, Paulie G. was in the restaurant, talking with patrons, and helping the staff. He delivered my pizza to my table. I heard him talking with the couple next to me and he explained how he had gotten the oven from Naples, Italy and had it torn down and shipped "brick by brick and tile by tile" to Brooklyn. A super nice guy. The kind you like to give your business to.

Pros: Great Pizza, Friendly Staff , Cozy Environment

Cons: Not in Manhattan

You Must Go Here - Edit

I cannot express to you enough how incredible this pizza is. If I were to dream up the most heavenly vegan pizza pie in the world, it would be made at Paulie Gee's. Gourmet ingredients. Baked in a brick oven. They have homemade vegan fennel sausage, homemade cashew ricotta dollops... OMG! Vegan. Pizza. Heaven.

It's also a place you can bring your meat-eating friends or family because, for better or worse, they have pies with meat and cheese too.

The one topping I was surprised I didn't see on the menu is artichokes.

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Paulie Gee's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1208 times since Jul 2012.