Patxi's Pizza - Hayes Valley

Contact 415-558-9991

511 Hayes St (at Hayes Valley), San Francisco, California, USA, 94102

Serves meat, vegan options available. Multiple locations making Chicago style deep dish as well as thin crust pizzas. Has a vegan pizza listed on the menu using Daiya cheese, or create your own pizza with choice of vegetable toppings. A few vegan suitable appetizers. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by letsgetfree

Wonderful! - Edit

We tried the Vegan Pizza right on the menu. It has vegan cheese and delicious toppings. We also tried a pizza with vegan cheese and toppings chosen from the list of toppings. We got the deep dish pizza which takes almost half an hour to bake. It was well worth the wait! This was probably the best pizza I have ever tasted. Our group of four all enjoyed it. The people who work there are really nice. The only downfall is the salad was small and way over priced. It was $10 and saiid it had beans and stuff but when it caee it only had lettuce and tomatoes. Not worth the price at all. Luckily for us, they forgot to make it so we got it for free. Aside from that I recommend their vegan pizza. Really great! Just use restroom elsewhere Only one and there was always a line.

Pros: vegan cheese, whole wheat vegan crust, friendly staff

Cons: salad way too pricy!, one bathroom...be prepared to wait!

Great vegan pizza - Edit

The vegan Chicago-style pizza was really good. Very clean restaurant. It's a very busy location and they have a good system. You are allowed to pre-order your pizza, so they start making it for you before you get seated when there is a long wait. Definitely would go back!

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Clean, Friendly staff

Cons: Long wait

Deep Dish Vegan Pizza - Edit

I had read about this pizza restaurant on happycow and decided to eat here on a recent trip to San Francisco. Here's my Patxi's Chicago Pizza review.

On the menu I immediately spotted the "Vegan" combo pizza (marinara, spinach, Daiya vegan cheese, raw minced garlic on top). I pointed to it and asked for Chicago style rather than the thin crust style. While my pizza was only a small 10," it weighed heavily. Deep dish! There was such a thick layer of Daiya vegan cheese onto of a layer of spinach and a thick dough and crust. The raw garlic on top gave it a real kick. Good marinara sauce. Cost $22 with tax. Not cheap but very filling, easily feeds 3 adults. I wouldn't recommend eating too much at once because it is heavy with loads of vegan cheese. But very delicious. I hadn't had deep dish pizza since when I was a teenager and ate conventional fast food like Pizza Hut's pan pizzas.

The interior is a typical San Francisco restaurant size - moderately small. Dark wooden furniture, casual, smells like pizza.

I took my pizza out to the park just next to the restaurant and enjoyed it with my daughter. My husband had a slice later and liked it a lot, too.

Pros: has vegan, deep dish pizza, a treat

Cons: not all veg

Vegan and Gluten free! Hell yes! - Edit

I was so happy to find out not only do they make vegan pizza but their gluten free crust is vegan too! Although I know this is a gut bomb waiting to happen, its so darn good!! Vegans you gotta try it. They do use daiya cheese too.

Pros: vegan cheese, vegan gluten free crust

One of the best pizzas I've had in ages - Edit

Some people misunderstand Chicago-style pizza. It's not thick crust in a dough-y way, like you see at a lot of chain restaurants. It's really more like a pie - a crust that creeps up the sides of the pan so you can fill it with stuff - cheese first, then the sauce and toppings above the cheese. As a former Mid-westerner, before I was vegan, I used to love visiting family-owned pizza places in Chicago for real Chicago-style pizza. Now vegan and in California, I looked into whether there were any places that did vegan Chicago-style pizza before going back to visit Chicago. I didn't find any in Chicago, but I was thrilled to stumble upon this place in California instead.

They do half-baked pizzas that you can take home and finish baking. When I do a day trip to the Bay Area, I pick up a Patxi's Pizza to take home (which is Central California). At first it seems slightly crazy to spend this much on pizza, but it really is a lot of food (the pizza box will be heavy), so it feels like a good value. The vegan one on the menu is pretty nice, but really, we now prefer to pick out our own toppings - artichoke, roasted garlic, and mushrooms is our current favorite. And the Daiya cheese is great on it!

Pros: excellent food

Deep dish pizza! - Edit

This deep dish pizza is so amazing! Tons of daiya, spinach, garlic, and onion. It's seriously a great pizza but will leave you smelling awful from all the garlic. I would go as far as to say that no visit to San Francisco is complete without a Paxti's pizza.

Best Pizza in SF - Edit

It's nice to have Paxti's over here in the city. I was jealous of the East Bay for having Lane Splitter's before, but Paxti's is better. You can choose between extra thin crust,thin crust, pan or deep dish pizza- all four are available vegan, and all four are delicious. The only thing that would make this place better is if they had some better salad offerings or vegan appetizers.

Pros: GREAT pizza, Delivery

Cons: No vegan appetizers, Salad menu could be better

Best vegan pizza on the West Coast! - Edit

Given the fact that there's little to no vegan pizza options in Chicago (believe it or not) I was anxious to try Paxti's. I'm going to say this is the best vegan pizza in the West...my goodness it was good! I just ordered a regular pizza with white crust (vegan) with Daiya (they really know how to cook with Daiya here), green peppers, garlic, and onion. I can not articulate how good the pizza was, so you're just going to have to try it! There's actually two locations, as I found out later, so look them up and give 'em a shot. 5 COWS!

2 Responses

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Patxi's Pizza - Hayes Valley closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3222 times since Aug 2010.