Pattaya Vegetarian Food

Contact 0870643342

223/4, Moo 9, Third Rd, Pattaya, Thailand, 20150

Formerly Budatip-Health Station. Small open-air storefront managed for years by dedicated female buddhist monks. Public temple upstairs. Located opposite Mooks Residence just after Soi 7/1 off Chaloem Phrakiat. Go north on 3rd past Central Rd,'vegetarian food' sign hangs left-side, past right-side Carrefour turnoff. Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai

First Review by mredz

Nice upgrades - Edit

Pattaya Vegetarian Food (was Budatip Health Station)

223/4, Moo 9, Third Rd Pattaya, Thailand 20150 (from Pattaya Central Rd and 3rd Road go North on 3rd road for a few blocks. Restaurant is on the west side of 3rd Road right across the street from the Mook Building

I returned here after a year (May 2016) to find they changed the name and upgraded some things. Most menu items are now written in English as well as Thai. Some photos in menu but they do not match the items written. So I cannot name the dishes I ate and took photos of.

Some of the photos of menus and dishes posted here in Happy Cow are outdated. I will post photos of the newest menu. The owner also said they were going to upgrade the menus in the future so the photos and write ups match.

Still inexpensive dishes and the portions have grown in size.

Very spicy so be sure to tell them if you want it toned down.

Service has gotten better and at least one person speaks a bit English now.

Still have the hard wooden seats.

Nice and clean now.

Big fan but know A/C.

Food still tastes very good.

Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm

Pros: Good food, Very reasonable price

Cons: Hard seats

Amazing Thai Food - Edit

Am a fussy food critic
But Great Thai Vegetarian food,
Compliments to the cook!

On the flip side, no ambience & no protection from the noise and Pollution of the cars rumbling just outside,

So depends what you looking for!

Very good vegetarian place - Edit

I was the only customer in the restaurant. Staff was nice and friendly. I got food relatively quickly. It was tasty and cheap, good value for money. Meals are 50-70 baht. The only thing that bothered me, was that not all items in menu are translated into english (maybe like 40% is not). So better bring ur thai friend or learn thai language hehe :P

Anyways, I recommend visiting.

Pros: price, taste

Cons: not all items in menu are in english

some great thai food - vegetarian - Edit

the nuns mentioned in previous posts may be gone, but the recipes and dishes are still there. most of these dishes come very close to the non-vegetarian originals (taste and texture) and are hard to get in other vegetarian restaurants. to mention a few of these exotic items include banana flower soup (prepared with vegetarian pla ra, very smelly fermented "fish" sauce), ginger and garlic chicken, pork fry with black pepper, spicy duck, or pepper sauce dip with fresh vegetables.

opening hours are mon-sun: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Pros: original (rare) dishes, everything is freshly prepared, good value for money

Not bad sometimes and seems vegan (not sure) - Edit

I tried two different soups there (I recommend the one on the first picture, with vegetables, seaweed, tofu and not spicy at all; another one was fake chicken soup and those fake balls are no good). Will update after trying something else next time (it's a bit complicated as not everything in the menu is translated to English or has pictures, all you can do is to point and ask... and pray a bit, yes).

Everything in the menu is 50 baht, although they might have something else for different prices. They have rice for just 10 baht (I always order it), drinks are cheap too (10 baht for Coke/Sprite if I remember correctly) – none of them is in the menu, so just ask.

Sizes are good, at least soups.

While I'm not completely sure, it seems pretty much vegan to me (1. they have permament "เจ"/Jay and "100% 齋" signs everywhere and as far as I know both mean the closest local thing to "vegan food", sort of religious lent; 2. I didn't see anything even remotely like dairy/eggs in the menu or in my plate, although I haven't tried everything yet; 3. staff confirmed it, assuming that we understood each other). But it needs further inquiring.

Another reviewer told an awful story about real pork, but the lady who served me confirmed that all the pork/chicken/fish/whatever are fakes (although they are pretty disgusting anyway). Maybe something was changed since then.

Definitely better then another vegan place in Pattaya happycow and I are aware of.

Pros: Cheap, Mostly tasty, Might be vegan

Cons: Staff is really not always attentive, Not all menu is in English/with pictures, A lot of disgusting fake meat/fish stuff

Good place - Edit

We ate here every day with my husband in July 2013. The staff was very friendly, we came every time with joy. The food was always delicious (almost all the dishes on the menu for 50 baht). Several times we came, when the cafe was already closed, but the chef always took us and cooked for us takeaway. When we had to leave, we agreed that she will cook us Breakfast and food in the airport. We were very grateful and happy to have remembered this café.
Recently we came to this cafe again, I was frightened by the feedback from KoVeg. I saw the new staff, but the food was vegetarian. The café has racks with vegan products. New chef almost don't speak English, so one of the visitors told us that the previous chef had gone to the temple. Ordered the food was delicious, although it was not as in 2013. I recommend this place.

Pros: Many vegan dishes, Cheap and clean

Cons: Some tasty dishes from menu is not.., ..available

good inexpensive basic vegie restaurant - Edit

As indicated by a previous review, this place is no longer operated by Buddhist nuns. However, the proprietor is a vegetarian and a Buddhist and I saw only vegie food served. Proprietor speaks only a little English. I found that dishes did not always resemble the pictures but all were tasty. Lots of fresh basil, excellent white-red mixed rice. Very clean. Most entrees 50 baht ($1.65).

Pros: good vegie food, inexpensive , English and picture menu

Cons: little English spoken

Used to be good - Edit

I have been there few times and used to have delicious veg Thai food. The chef (lovely Thai lady) cooked aroi aroi veg food every time and we used to chat while I enjoy the meals.

I don't know what happened, a couple weeks ago when I went there, I saw new staff and I didn't see the chef anymore. The new staff recommended me to have red pork over rice ( even though this is a veg restaurant, you can still order with traditional dishes' name) so I ordered it.
Guess what, it was REAL PORK, not fake meat! I was shocked and I couldn't believe this happened in a vegetarian restaurant! It seems like this place has changed to a "Veg friendly" so they can meek more income.
I have not gone back there since then...

Pros: (Used to be) delicious veg Thai meal , (Used to be) friendly staff, Clean

Cons: Served me with real meat, New staff who are hard to communicate with

Pretty average food - Edit

Went here for a change and cos I couldn't find one of the other places listed.

The food is pretty average, to be kind.

Green curry had way too much basil and cream and not enough chilli, noodles looked like they were out of a super noodle packet.

And the menu is written in Thai with English translations that a 3 year old could have done a better job on. If you can't read Thai, it will make understanding the menu quite difficult.

Pros: Fairly cheap, Food cooked from fresh

Cons: Average food, Location is bad for main tourist areas, Unfriendly menu

Ok - Edit

Thanks to the map I foud easily the place.
I had some "chiken with Kana" , kana is a local vegetable.with rice .
the portion was small but so the price. all 45 baht.
the lady "almost" nun (as she told me), was speaking good english.
they try to convert me or introduce me to taoism that they follow as spiritual/live path.

nice place!!!

Pros: they speak english

Cons: not organic

Excelent Food - Edit

This restaurant has very healthy and wholesome food in addition to great traditional Thai dishes. The Nuns running it are exceptionally friendly and more than happy to speak English and assist you with any special needs. If you are struggling to communicate then ask for Noom she has excellent English and is very helpful. I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant if you are visiting Pattaya.

Return to Pattaya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pattaya Vegetarian Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3010 times since May 2010.