Pattaya Thai Grille

Contact 904-646-9506

9551 Baymeadows Rd (at Old Baymeadows intersection), Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 32256

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes a section of vegetarian dishes. Prices moderate to pricey.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by appelgw

wow, 5 star food and service, fast service!!! - Edit

Had vegetable spring rolls which were awesome, the ginger stir fry which was spectacular, the best Tom kah soup my wife or i have ever had, and the pumpkin red curry. excellent service, fast service even though it was packed!! easy to recommend!!

Pros: fast service, excellent food, easy ordering for ve

Cons: not closer to Miami where I'm from :-p

Careful what you ask for - Edit

I went in and had Lemongrass Soup and Tofu Pad Thai here. I usually ask for medium spicy, and I did. My meal was quite spicy, but not inedible. I'll go back, but remember not to amend my order.

Pros: friendly staff, quick service

Cons: dark, curtains closed all around

Best Thai in Jax - Edit

I've eaten around the town. For vegetarians and meat-eaters alike, this place really wows the crowd. Their flavors are just so rich and satisfying. They can offer most dishes as veg or even vegan. I have tried most veg offerings on the menu in over five years of patronage. The thom kha soup is a favorite of mine, along with the ginger stir fry. They know how to treat tofu right here.

The ambiance is really nice and quiet, with dim lights and lush colors and simple bold decor. I have always had good service.

Pros: Fabulous food

Cons: Even medium spicy might seem hot

Great Thai - Edit

I have eaten at this restaurant once or twice a week for the past 2 months. I love it so much that I think I am addicted. I usually get the Thai noodles with the tofu with either hot or extra hot spiciness. The hot is perfect if you still want a good taste to the food. The extra hot is still bearable and starts to get your nose runny, but is still pleasant in my opinion. I have also had the coconut curry and think that was delicious as well. I am by no means a Thai food expert, but I could eat that noodle dish every day and be extremely happy. The wait staff is always very friendly and quick as there are usually not that many people eating there. I was going to check out some other Thai restaurants in the area, but love this one so much that I don't want to eat anywhere else. Highly recommend.

Pros: great food, fast/friendly service, not crowded

Aroy mak - Edit

"very tasty"
I visited this fine establishment with my aunt tonight. The decor of the interior is beautiful with elegant faces of siddhartha centered on differing shades of red. The menu was big. There were around three vegan appetizers. The main menu had one section for curries, one for stir-fry and one for special entrees. Each section (excluding the last) had your choice of protein. There was beef, chicken, shrimp, seafood combo or tofu. Since this was a Thai restaurant, what is vegetarian is vegan (since milk would be coconut) but in a restaurant like this one must be leery of fish sauce.

The ambiance was nice: quiet, with the only sounds being the murmuring of the staff and Sarah McLachlan playing softly in the background. The service was prompt and courteous. None of this was surprising since we were dining alone. It being a Wednesday night around dinner time, one would have thought there would be plenty of customers. However, we literally were the only ones in the restaurant.
As an appetizer we had fried spring rolls (vegan) with sweet chili sauce. They we crispy, hot and tasty. Within ten minutes my lime curry with tofu was presented to me along side my aunt's beef stir fry. It was a delicious coconut curry with fresh Thai lime leaf to infuse the green curry paste and coconut milk creating a sweet symphony of flavors. The tofu was not marinated nor braised, but I did not mind the natural soy taste. It also had red and green bell peppers in this wonderful stew to sop over the white rice.
Overall it was a nice experience, and I realized how much I missed Bangkok curry. Not the greatest Thai food restaurant I have been to, but close.

Pros: Tasty, Good servers, Clean

Cons: Plastic dinnerware, Instant-seeming rice

Wall of Pain - Edit

I was excited to eat here. Our food did not disappoint. Our party of three had a stir-fry, Panang curry (green), and I had drunken noodle. I asked the waitress to make it extra-hot, and qualified it that I eat raw habaneras. The waitress confirmed the extra hot order with me. We wrote out a waiver on a small notepad and signed it. The chef did a beautiful job on spicing the dish. The sweet came through first, the chili hit, and then followed up with the habanera. The dish was superbly done to allow the flavor through but keep the heat as well. The staff couldn't believe we ate the dish (my two companions ate some as well). The chef came over, shook hands, and couldn't believe we ate the dish. He stated that when they tasted it in the back, they would not have eaten it. The chef took a picture and decided he was going to make a Wall of Pain. He wants to pair the pictures (after consumption) with the waivers somewhere in the restaurant. The whole experience was a joy. I judge Chili competitions, eat raw habaneras, scotch bonnets, and try to find the hottest hot sauces. This experience rates as one of the best. Oh yeah... The food was excellent. The chef's and the waitress were beautiful people and attentive to our dining experience. The portions were large, and the overall experience was great. The only improvement we could see for this restuarant was that the atmosphere lacked a little for us. We commented to ourselves that some colored sheets draped from the ceiling, or soemthing else to draw our eye in the room would have improved the ambiance. But this was not a big deal at all, just the only con we discussed. Again, an excellent dining experience.

Pros: portion size, attention of staff, attention to flavor

Not impressed at all! - Edit

My husband is vegan and frequently travels for business. I use Happy Cow often to maps out his meals and have in the past had good luck using peoples reviews to base my choices on.

Sadly this time the reviews were not accurate. Their basic tofu stirfry dinners start at $12.00 and the portion size was nothing to write home about. The meal was fine - just your typical tofu, veggies, sauce with a small side of rice. Again nothing to rave about.

The staff was extremely rude and when when my husband politely declined dessert the server simply walked away leaving my husband with an empty beer glass, an empty plate and no check. The server then went to chat with a friend at the bar for 10 - 15 minutes before returning w/ the check.

The overall atmosphere was dissapointing and for sure not a place worth going to again. I would onky recommend this placwe if your in Jacksonville and in need of a vegan meal and you have no other option.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Sooo expensive, Staff is rude, Small portions

jtbrownru 03 Jan 2012 - I have eaten at this restaurant every week for the past 2 months and have never received anything but great and prompt service. I'm not really sure how accurate of a review you can give especially having not even been to the restaurant and only going off the complaints of someone else.

Awesome first experience - Edit

The food was fantastic. Spring rolls were crisp and very fresh-hot. My chicken curry stir fry was good to the very last scrap, and the ginger rice was just sticky enough without being gooey. The other entre was padt thai mau and it was seasoned perfectly. The portion was way larger than my vegan friend could handle, so I'm having it tomorrow for lunch.

The best Vegan Friendly / Thai restaurant I've found so far.

Pros: ambiance, price, portions

Cons: staff personality was dry

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pattaya Thai Grille closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.