Pat's Restaurant

Contact 613-344-0450

455 Princess St, Kingston, Ontario, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Spicy Thai food. Menu has vegetable dishes and will adapt a dish to vegan when possible. Soups can all be prepared vegan. Bright space with booths as well tables and chairs. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by Little Laura

Not my cup of tea - Edit

Had the spicey tofu dish under the vegetarian section of the menu. The staff said the entire section was actually vegan, not vegetarian. What a happy surprise! When I ordered, I had the expectation of getting something similar to the Chinese ma-po tofu - one of my favorites when I was a meat-eater. However the spicy tofu at Pat's was completely different. It was a bit sour, a bit spicy, and VERY sweet. Even as someone who grew up eating sweet and sour Thai and Chinese food, I didn't like the taste. The texture of the tofu was really good though. And although the tofu and rice were soaked in a heavy, oily sauce which I didn't like, I could still taste the freshness. Service was superb. There were a couple flies wandering near our table.

Pros: A section dedicated to vegan dishes

Cons: the taste could be "too" exotic

Decent Cambodian/Thai in Kingston - Edit

Pat's isn't my favourite Thai/Cambodian place in kingston but you can definitely get some decent vegan stuff their. The spicier options are particularly spicy so be careful...I always overstep and ended up with my eyes watering. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointed if you just pop by and snag something.

Pros: Decent Menu, Spicy stuff available, Affordable

very nice - Edit

Very tasty and authentic southeast Asian food with several good vegetarian options. The food is a bit heavy on the oil, but still feels tastes fresh.

Atmosphere is nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. Friendly service too. Definitely recommended.

Pros: tasty, inexpensive , relaxed

My favourite - Edit

I love Pat's Restaurant. I am often in Kingston and area and I always choose this place to eat. If you wish any of the options on the menu to be vegan simply ask the staff, and they will happily do so.
All the food is fantastic.
The family who own the place all work there, it is very much a family run business.

If it were possible to rate this place a five I would but unfortunately because they serve meat, four is the top score possible.

Pros: Great food, Great prices, Generous portion sizes

Return to Kingston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pat's Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.