Pasta Freska

Contact 206-283-1515

1515 Westlake Ave N, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98109

Serves meat, vegan options available. The Wednesday lunch is all-you-can eat with salad bar, pasta and pizza, and rice dishes. At dinner there is no menu or wine list. The owner will ask you about diet requests - this is the time to tell him that you are vegan or vegetarian and to tell him about any foods you don't like. He substitutes vegan cheese when it makes sense for the dish. Then he will bring out course after course of food tailored to your needs. The inside of the restaurant is roomy and intimate at the same time. Open Mon-Tue 5:00pm-9:00pm, Wed 11:00am-2:00pm, Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Smallu

An Unique and Fun Dining Experience - Edit

Stopped here for a weeknight dinner. Reservations can be made online (Thank you!). We arrived early, and opted to sit outside. They have a beautiful outdoor patio, perfectly shaded for a hot summer day. My friend and I had so much fun dining here! As stated no menu; Chef came out and pulled up a chair and sat to chat with us about what we wanted to have for dinner. Go here, sit back and relax, there is a certain amount of freedom in not having to pick a wine or pick what to eat; just be open minded and go with it. Chef served us great wine and great food and we relaxed in the beautiful setting. Furnishings are not fancy but adequate. Agree that it's rustic Italian fare, reasonably priced, and you won't leave hungry. Dinner does take about 2 hours so plan appropriately and don't be in a rush. Ample free parking across the street after 4pm. I wish I lived in Seattle, I would take everyone I know there!

Pros: Chatting with the chef, Summer Outdoor Seating, Delicious Food

Surprising & vegan! - Edit

I took my husband here for his birthday last week after hearing about the unique dining experience from a co-worker. No menu? No wine list? We just have to surrender to the chef? We were both a little skeptical. The owner/chef came over and greeted us right away and recommended two different wines. He asked us our dietary restrictions and we told him (I am vegan and my husband is pescatarian). Out poured 6 coures for me (7 for my husband) all perfectly timed. First course was broiled zucchini with vegan cheese and the second course was bread. Third was salad, followed by a spaghetti type dish and a penne/mushroom pasta dish. Then there was baked eggplant (the best I have EVER had). I was told that my dessert options as a vegan would be limited to sorbet. In actuality, I had what tasted more like vegan vanilla ice cream plus a raspberry vegan ice cream with dark chocolate nibs plus a side of strawberries. The dinner was leisurely, we were there for about 1.5 to 2 hours, the food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and the atmosphere was good. My meal was $24. This is not high-end food, rather delicious, rustic italian fare. We will definitely be back! There is lot parking for a fee directly across the street.

Pros: Excellent food, Great service, Great value

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pasta Freska closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1134 times since Apr 2012.