Passage to India Bakery and Mithai Shoppe

Contact 650-964-5532

1100 W El Camino Real, Mountain View, California, USA, 94040

There are 2 Passage to India locations. This one is mostly a bakery with a vegetarian buffet in the back; the one down the road at 1991 W. El Camino Real is a full-service restaurant that also serves meat. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by cruitire

Yummy food, knowledgeable staff, great service - Edit

I'm a vegetarian (lacto-ovo-vegetarian) with A LOT of other dietary restrictions because of food allergies and health conditions. I love Indian food, but am severely allergic to tomatoes, which has been a problem in some places. I'm also off all nightshades, and soy. I called ahead to see if I would be able to eat here, and they said they could make vegetarian food without tomatoes, so my friend and I tried it.

They were really great to us. We were there when it was not crowded, so I can't say if they would be different during a rush. But the waiter we had was patient, knowledgeable, and careful. He answered all of my questions abut ingredients, asking the chef if he didn't know. He never gave us any attitude problems (something I find far too frequently in some places), and he did not make mistakes with our food. Even when I asked for water with no ice (that one is preference not illness), he was very patient, respectful, and accommodating.

When we got our food, it was excellent. I had an okra dish specially prepared with none of my allergens, and my friend had a sampler. We both loved our food, and the servings were very generous. I would very definitely eat here again, and recommend it highly.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 07, 2012

Pros: excellent food, knowledgeable staff, good value

Return to Mountain View Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Passage to India Bakery and Mithai Shoppe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1873 times since Feb 2009.