Passade

( 1 review )
+32-15212185

Brusselsesteenweg 301, Mechelen, Belgium, 2800

Serves meat, vegan options available. Belgian restaurant with 2 vegan choices: quinoa with an emulsion of basilicum and grilled vegetables; soy balls with tomato sauce and edamame. Open Tue-Thu 11:30am-10:30pm, Fri 11:30am-11:00pm, Sat 6:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: European, Belgian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Zjef

They tried... - Edit

We came here with our family last Tuesday. The menu seemed promising: vegetarian options are listed, and it mentions to ask about the vegan options. I asked the waitress, but she just pointed at the vegetarian options until I explained her the difference between vegetarian and vegan. She arranged a vegan version of the green curry with marinated tofu, but ended up serving it with prawn crackers, not realising the mistake. When I explained it, the staff apologized for it. The curry was more of a soup, but the taste was quite ok. I thought I could taste fish sauce in it, but she reassured that they did not use any. A bit mistrusting, I still asked whether they had any vegan dessert options (the menu did not mention any). She arranged a fresh fruit salad for us, which I really appreciated. So let's say at least they tried. Might try it again in the future if they clearly list vegan options on the menu.

Pros: vegetarian options are listed, they tried, the taste was good

Cons: not very experienced with vegan food (yet)

Return to Mechelen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Passade closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.