Pasha Mezze

757-627-1318

340 W 22nd St, Norfolk, Virginia, USA, 23517

Serves meat, vegan options available. A family-owned Turkish restaurant, opened in 2003. Authentic atmosphere and features Mediterranean and Anatolian cuisine with American and European influences, breakfast, daily specials, gluten-free and vegan choices. Veg items are clearly labeled. Brunch served on weekends. Next door is their coffeehouse where guest can enjoy a large selection of beverages and organic coffee. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:30pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-9:30pm. Brunch Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Non-veg

First Review by Candice H

So good! - Edit

This place was highly recommended to me when I was in Norfolk for work. I called ahead to make sure their patio was dog friendly since I was travelling with my dog. They said yes so I headed over after work. It was pretty cold so no one else was sitting outside. They greeted us and brought over a bowl of water for my dog which was very nice! A few dishes had been recommended to us but I wanted to look at the menu anyway. I love that they denote vegan items on the menu! Because it was colder than we thought it would be we decided to have an appetizer there and get the rest of our food to go. We had the hummus which was very fresh! It came with bread to dip and salad greens. For take-out we ordered the dishes my coworkers recommended which were the spicy walnut dip, the quinoa cake, and the maiden cake. The dip was amazing! Super spicy and had a great, hearty texture. It also came with bread and salad greens. The dressing on the greens was incredible! Both "cakes" were delicious! I took off one star because it's a little pricey for the portions. If looking for a substantial meal, plan to order a few items! I would definitely go back!

Pros: lots of great vegan options, pet friendly, friendly staff

Cons: small portions

decent Mediterranean food - Edit

I went here for brunch last week and dinner this week. they had a couple of vegan options to choose from that were pretty similar to each other. I tried every vegan dish. brunch was good. they brought out bread with a few different spreads, which were delicious. In my opinion, brunch was better than dinner. they're a little pricey and not entirely worth it. I'm glad that I was able to try all their options.

Pros: a few vegan options

Cons: expensive

Great Date Night Spot - Edit

My husband and I love going to Pasha on our date nights occasionally. We've probably been here 5-6 times and have had excellent food every time and excellent service all but once. They have a great selection of vegan items on the menu and everything has a wonderful flavor.

Lovely Turkish food - Edit

Multiple vegan options. Excellent BRUNCH! Gluten free vegan options also clearly marked on the menu. Great ambiance and food. A few outside tables are lovely when the weather is nice.

Pros: Vegan option for every course, gluten free vegan options, BRUNCH

Cons: serves meat also

I love it. - Edit

This is best vegan restaurant I've ever been. All items are delicious especially soup and Anatolian plate. Service is quick and polite. Waiter Joe is the best!

Eat Here - Edit

Great food. Waitstaff are highly knowledgeable re details of preparation & there are numerous delicious vegan options.

lovely! - Edit

One of the best places I've ever eaten, absolutely delicious! A friend recommended it to be and I couldn't be happier that I went. No complaints on the food whatsoever, it was so wonderful and full of taste..I've never found another place to eat that offers such a delicious variety. The taste is so unique I can promise you won't find it in many other places! I had to talk to one of the kitchen workers and ask what the sauce I had on my food was made of. There is a nice vibe to the place too, very relaxed and calm- it couldn't have been better. My only complaint of the night was my server, although I wouldn't bring down the score of this restaurant because of the poor service we received. The food was so wonderful and exotic, I'd give it five stars if the website let me! Go try this place!

Pros: Delicious , Nice environment , Unique dishes

Cons: Service , More expensive

Upscale Restaurant With Vegan Options. - Edit

This place was recommended to me by a friend who is also vegan. I tried the Anatolian Plate which is so delicious! It is also a huge serving (couldn't finish it alone). The couple times I went I ordered the Maiden Cake then the Quinoa Cake. Evetything has been excellent. Hummus and lentil soup is good too. Highly recommend to vegans looking for a classy place to go out to.

Pros: Vegan Options Clearly Labeled, Friendly Staff, Good Portions

Cons: Expensive

Wonderful Turkish restaurant - Edit

The atmosphere is great. If the weather is nice I recommend outdoors, if not go for the back room. They have lots of veg*n options:

Their lentil soup, which is both vegan and gluten free, is one of the best soups I've ever had. You can also buy some to bring home. I'm also a huge fan of the Hummus, Kale & Black Bean Wrap. As you can see from the above menu, Pasha tells you whether your order is vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free right on the menu.

Prices range is fairly cheap for the Ghent area. ~$5 for an appetizer and ~$7-$10 for meals.

Pros: Great Atmosphere, Good prices, Descriptive Menu for veggies

love, love LOVE PASHA - Edit

Pasha is a pretty, cozy place with lots of great options, but I am hooked on the grilled maiden (lentil) cake with Tomato "steak" and vegan sauce and the kale salad. I have it everytime I go there, which has been about ten occasions.

And the BREAD!!! Fresh baked bread... I normally try to avoid bread but I gobble theirs up.

Pros: Maiden Cake, French toast, Kale salad

Cons: distance

Return to Norfolk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pasha Mezze closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.