Pasches Lakeside

269-962-7622

315 West Columbia Ave, Battle Creek, Michigan, USA, 49015

Serves meat, vegan options available. Seafood restaurant and steakhouse. Has a vegan menu and regularly hosts vegan all you can eat buffets. Works with local animal rights organization 'All Species Kinship' to bring these menus to fruition. Options include BBQ tempeh, mac 'n' cheese, smoked soy curl sliders, Beyond Burgers, nachos and cheeze, tofu jambayla and BBQ "chiken" pizza. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm. Closed Mon.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Buffet, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Satya

Great Plant-Based Menu with a scenic lake view. - Edit

While in Battle Creek for a robotics competition, I was delighted to see Pasches' advertisement of a Plant-Based Menu. Once inside, I was happy to see a two-paged plant-based menu with a friendly and knowledgable server who helpfully answered questions and made suggestions. I had the BBQ Soy sliders, with coleslaw and baked beans. While the sliders were a little small (I would have preferred a larger single sandwich), it was wonderful to have a choice of three vegan barbecue sauces. The baked beans were so good that I ordered a second helping particularly as they were flavorful with just a hint of sweetness. Please join me in helping to support this business that is trying to support the vegan / plant-based community. So highly recommended that I will likely make a detour off the expressway for a meal the next time I'm driving to / from Chicago. It's worth a road trip.

Pros: Dedicated Plant Based Menu, Friendly and knowledgeable staff, Great lake view dining

Cons: Slider size was a little small for me.

Great Plant-Based Menu with a scenic lake view. - Edit

While driving my kids to a high school robotics competition, I was delighted to see Pasches advertisement of a Plant-Based Menu. I was delighted to see a two page plant-based menu with a friendly and knowledgable server who helpfully answered questions and made suggestions. I had the BBQ soy sliders, with coleslaw and baked beans. While the sliders were a little small (I would have preferred a larger single sandwich), it was wonderful to have a choice of three vegan barbeque sauces. The baked beans were so good that I ordered a second helping particularly as they were flavorful with just a hint of sweetness. Please join me in helping to support this business that is trying to support the vegan / plant-based community. So highly recommended that I will likely make a detour off the expressway for a meal the next time I'm driving to/from Chicago. Highly Recommended.

Pros: Dedicated Plant Based Menu, Knowledgeable server, Great lakeview dining.

Cons: Slider size was a little small for my tastes

Now expanding vegan menu! - Edit

I have heard so many good things about the vegan menu at Pasches but only just yesterday was able to check it out. You have to specifically ask for the vegan menu, and as of yesterday, it was pretty small but delicious. At the end of the meal the waitress brought us over a new menu and said they were rolling it out next week, it was 2 sided and included dessert! I'm so happy to have vegan food available in Battle Creek. The food was super good, and she even brought us a variety f vegan BBQ's, vegan cornbread and sides of vegan butter to go with our cornbread. I highly recommend them.

Pros: full vegan specific Menu, very tasty, beautiful lakeside location

Cons: you have to know theres a vegan menu to see it, many soy products

Unexpected Vegan Oasis - Edit

Pasche's serves meat, but in Battle Creek, and Michigan in general, that shouldn't deter you from visiting.

They have put effort and love into their vegan food. Be sure to ask waitstaff if there are vegan items available not on the menu (nachos and cheese and fried pickles with ranch dip are two).

Almost all options are gluten-free.

Smoked soy curls, BBQ tempeh, mac and cheeze, creamy cole slaw, greens, tofu jambalaya and beyond burgers to name a few regular menu items. Every other Tuesday is a vegan buffet (5-8pm) with different themes.

Works with a local vegan animal advocacy nonprofit too (All Species Kinship)!

Updated from previous review on 2018-02-01

Pros: Hearty cuisine , Accomodating staff, Reasonably priced

Cons: Don't always have menu items due to overwhelming d

Return to Battle Creek Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pasches Lakeside closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.