Parts and Labor

773-360-7840

2700 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60647

Serves meat, vegan options available. A vegan double cheeseburger made with a black bean patty, Daiya, and Vegenaise is offered as a $10 deal. It also comes with a side and either a shot or a beer for that price. A progressive hip open air bar with large tables and some communal sitting areas. Very industrial interior with a comfy feel. Free Wi-Fi. If you use the ATM on site, you get a free shot when you show them your receipt. Free parking in back. Open Mon-Fri 4:00pm-2:00am, Sat 4:00pm-3:00am, Sun 4:00pm-2:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by makemenervous

Vegan Burger - Edit

This burger is my guilty pleasure. They make it with a black bean burger, veganaise, and daiya cheese. The combo ($11) comes with the burger, fries, and a beer or shot. I wish they would make a vegan batter for their fried giardiniera because that was the love of my life before turning vegan.

It can get packed at night and I've heard of terrible service, but have yet to get any myself. My husband and I always take a seat at the bar which seems to be key. The bartenders have always been nice and attentive, can't speak for the rest of the staff though.

EDIT: The vegan burger is a permanent menu item, and they also have a daily special that's vegan (this option rotates seasonally it seems). They now have two vegan options daily as well as a tofu scramble for brunch.

Updated from previous review on 2015-01-20

Pros: delicious burger, combo special, rotating vegan special

Cons: no vegan fried giardiniera :(, cash only

Vegan black bean burger! - Edit

This is rare--a burger place/bar that not only has a vegan veggie burger option, but also has vegan cheez and veganaise! The burger is pretty good (it's a double patty, so it's a lot of food), and their curly fries are the best. And, as the description explains, the burger is part of the $11 burger and beer/shot special. I believe they also have a tofu scramble option for brunch, though I've never had it. While there's really one main option for lunch and dinner, I still really appreciate that it's a great one.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-29

Pros: Good black bean burger , Great fries, Burger combo special

Cons: Only or two vegan options

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Parts and Labor closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.