Paradise Vegetarian Noodle House

604-527-8138

8681 10th Ave (at between Chilliwack and Langley St in strip mall), Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

An all vegan Burnaby restaurant. Vietnamese noodle soups and crepes, bubble teas, veggie salmon hotpots, veggie lemongrass chicken. Previously vegetarian, now 100% vegan as of March 2011. Mockmeats have been verified to be from reliable sources and all vegan. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm, Tue-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Sun-Mon and on public holidays.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by scocasso

wow what a great place - Edit

This place is simply fantastic. I had a chicken dish and it tasted like chicken. Brought the leftovers to my colleagues at workand when I told them it is all vegan they did not believe me. VEGAN THAI CUISINE AT ITS BEST ! !

this place is great - Edit

This restaurant is very family friendly. It is run by 2 sisters, so there is only one server. Her English may not be the best and so she comes off a bit rude at first but once you get to know her she is very very nice. My family eats here all the time. They have a good variety of options on their menu. They even have some yummy desserts. It is small clean place with a quiet nice vibe. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Also the food is not overly oily and the general quality is good. I eat here a lot; so I would definitely recommend. Also prices are very good.

Pros: Clean/nice vibe, Good prices, its 100% vegan!

Cons: low on staff- but its not a big place

Awesome Vegan Pho - Edit

I was really missing Pho - hadn't had it for about 15 to 20 years on account of being vegetarian and then vegan... I was so happy to find this restaurant and have often gone there for lunch over the last few years. They have a faux seafood and vegetable soup that is delicious too. With lots of other faux meat options - it's a great place to take people who might be interested in trying vegetarian/vegan food and don't want to miss out on texture and taste. This is a very friendly place where the owner greats and serves you your meal.

ADORE PARADISE! - Edit

get the sweet potato and chicken curry with a side of vermicelli to add in. you're welcome

Pros: everything is vegan

Good food Bad Service - Edit

I heard this restaurant had good food so wanted to try it when we were in town.
We went around 5pm on a weekday. We got hot tea right away. we ordered the the Grilled Vegan Pork Rolls, combination 3 plate and the Sweet & Sour Vegan Chicken . The food took awhile but it looked like the were only 2 people working. We wanted dessert but we never saw our server again. More people came into the restaurant and they were waiting to be served. Finally we needed to leave so went to pay and server was never friendly or asked how everything was. I found her rude right from the beginning. She left me to pay and the machine was not working and I had to try and get her attention to say it was not working.
I do not think I would go here again food was not the best vegan food I had and service was bad. I like to give restaurants a chance but I am not sure service would improve.

Pros: food

Cons: Service

great! - Edit

We went all the way to Burnaby to eat here, to get proper veg Vietnamese after disappointment at DDmau. There was much to choose from and everything was tasty and very affordable. Worth the drive!
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 18, 2015
The fake pork dish was amazing!

THE BEST - Edit

I absolutely LOVE paradise. If I could eat there every day I would in a heartbeat. Service is a little slow but considering there's only one waitress they do their very best. Food is 100% worth it. Order the number 12 with tofu if you visit!!! ❤️

Pros: AWESOME PHO, good dessert, comfortable atmosphere

Cons: service is a little slow, cramped

Love this place - Edit

My family and I love this restaurant, everything is so yummy. My fave is the wonton soup. I haven't had wonton for years and years. Will be back to try the whole menu. Affordable prices too.

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Huge selection

So much to choose from - Edit

I've been here many times now and I still have lots left to try. Everything I've tried so far has been delicious....

Great Vegan place - Edit

Love their pancakes, pho is not bad either.

How did I not know this place existed? - Edit

Let me say how completely oblivious I am. I went to visit my sister a few years back and she lives 2 blocks away from this place. I was bummed while at her house because I couldn't get a decent vegan meal so wound up buying stuff at the supermarket that is in the same complex. Now that I know this place is here I'll be back.

My experience was pretty decent here. The food was good, decently priced, and the desserts were awesome. I recommend the weird Vietnamese crepe/omelette thing, it was fantastic. We also ordered the lemongrass gluten and the waitress asked us how spicy we wanted it. We chose super spicy and definitely got that. It was also super tasty.

My only grievance with this place was how slow the service was. I get that its a small place, but there were only 2 people working. One in the kitchen and one half in the kitchen half taking orders. We had to wait for forever to order dessert and get our check. A little frustrating but we weren't in a hurry.

Pros: Good prices, Tasty cheezecake, 2 blocks from relatives house

Cons: Slow service, Gets a bit busy, Not air conditioned

The Best Asian Food In The Suburbs - Edit

If you're looking for Great Vegan Asian food outside of Vancouver then this is the place for you. My husband and I ate here many times - several times dine in - and several times take-away. We even ate here for Mother's Day last May with my Dad's family - all omnivores - and everyone loved it.

The restaurant is small, but inviting. A cozy atmosphere, friendly staff, fast service, good prices and large portions. It's the perfect place to come with a crowd so you can sample as many dishes as possible. I've tried a lot of the menu and haven't been disappointed with a single dish.

The Spring Rolls and Fried Eggless Rolls are especially good. The Pho is amazing! The pan fried Vegetable Chow Mein is excellent, and so is the curried fried rice. The Vegan Salmon in Pineapple Sauce is amazing and so realistic. The Sesame Eggplant Tofu is fantastic, as is the sweet and sour chicken, the broccoli chicken with black bean sauce, and the sauteed ginger chicken. The Fried Bananas are also delicious!

I wish I still lived in the area, because i'd be going here all the time. They really do have some of the best vegan meats around, such great texture and flavor. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Great food, Friendly, helpful Staff, Good Portions

Amazing Faux Meats! - Edit

I went to this little place with few expectations. My own attempts at making seitan and other such meat substitutes have been less than perfect. I wasn't sure what their versions of fake meats would be like.

I was pleasantly surprised! The food was incredible!!! I went with my omni husband and sister and they LOVED it! My sister ordered the Eggless Rolls and Wonton Soup and she said she preferred the flavours and textures of the faux meat to the real thing! My husband ordered the ham and chicken noodle dish (sorry, I forget the actual name on the menu) and he really enjoyed it - he barely finished his plate, it was so filling.

I had the Eggless Rolls and the Chicken Curry Soup. It had faux fried chicken pieces, noodles, yams, and sweet potatoes in a yellow coconut curry sauce. I loved it! I think it would have been even better with something green in the bowl too, like spinach or kale. I was left with a half bowl of curry sauce, which I actually didn't mind, because I took it home and am currently marinating tofu in it! It was that yummy!

I can't wait to go back and try something new from this wonderful restaurant. The service was quick even though the restaurant was at full capacity. It's a little cramped, though. The tables are small and and the place fills up fast on a Saturday night.

Next time I plan to get take out.

Pros: Amazing faux meats, Vietnamese cuisine , Wheelchair accessible

Cons: Limited seating , Small tables

Simple And Amazing - Edit

We have been going to Paradise for a couple of years now, and have probably visited 50 to 60 times (not proud).

The food is amazing... Not because of complexity but it's simplicity and deliciousness. The fresh spring rolls are the perfect appetizer, and almost all of the main dishes are to die for. Spicy veggie shrimp, garlic beef, and the lemongrass chicken are our favorites. The chow mein is awesome.

Where they really stand out are the soups. Who doesn't love a big streaming bowl of soup? In the winter, business picks up there for just this reason. Homemade vegan Wonton soup, vegan pho, the deceptively simple but delicious spinach tofu soup..... I want to go back again today just from writing this review (we were there yesterday....)

This place is run mainly by two passionate vegans.... The service is slower than most places, but we've never let it bother us.....It's worth the wait, and they clearly work hard.

Go. Now.
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 30, 2013

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive (very) , 100 Percent Vegan

Cons: Location, Slower service, Limited seating

Good for way out there - Edit

Finally made the effort to try...
I am privileged to live in VanCity

Pros: far, good for location, space

Great suburban vegan! - Edit

Shame this restaurant is not closer to downtown Vancouver but a good stop on the way to Karmavore anyway! We have been several times and the food has been consistently tasty. Vietnamese food is not usually veggie friendly and here, everything is vegan, which is always a bonus. Garlic veggie beef and lemongrass tofu, yum. The Vietnamese crepe and curry veggie chicken come highly recommended. The service was quick enough, we must have gone at a good time, probably outside of standard lunch hours. Worth trying if you find yourself in Burnaby or on your way to Karmavore in New Westminster.

Pros: All vegan, Quick service, Many options

Cons: In Burnaby, small dining room

Excellent Restaurant! - Edit

I have been to this restaurant a few times now (once with a meet-up group) and it is a wonderful vegan restaurant with plenty to choose from on thier menu, I personally love the chow mein and stuffed eggplant. They also offer the best cheese cake I have ever had and for a very decent price!!

Pros: Friendly staff, Fresh Food, Resonaly prices

Cons: Sometimes wait is long

Vegan Vietnamese! - Edit

Everything we tried here was really good. I can't wait to go back and try everything else on the menu. The lettuce wraps with peanut sauce are amazing. The eggplant with something fried on top was also incredible. I also really liked the ginger soy meat balls. It is definitely hard to find though, it is in a mini-mall. My GPS couldn't find the address so we drove around for a while before finding it.

Return to Burnaby Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Paradise Vegetarian Noodle House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.