Contact 958804785

Cuesta de Abarqueros, 3, Granada, Spain, 18010

This restaurant became vegetarian in Mar 2011 then all vegan Apr 2013. Offers some macrobiotic and raw food, made by an experienced chef. Supports organic and local products. Has Wi-Fi. Mon-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm, Mon-Sun 8:00pm-11:30pm

Category: Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by Amelie22

loved it - Edit

Went there with my son and we both absolutely loved our dishes. Was bit expensive and as mentioned before portions too small to feed a plant based athlete. But definitely would go back. Best pesto ravioli ever!

Pros: delicious, atmosphere

Cons: price, small portions

Great variety of food - Edit

Great food! Paprika has vegan, gluten free as well as raw food options available. The food was tasty and the portions large. The atmosphere is really cosy, there are couches as well as tables with chairs.
We really enjoyed our evening here. Pleasant experience!

Incredible - Edit

Some of the best food I have eaten at a restaurant. We had the set menu and it was far and away better than I would have expected for a small restaurant with very moderate prices.

I'm not even sure what the entree was, but it was my favorite part of the meal. Absolutely incredible. The mains were very nice and the dessert was much more chocolaty and decadent than I'm used to from truffles with a fruit base. The staff was friendly and helpful to two kiwis who couldn't speak Spanish. I'm only disappointed that we didn't have time to go back before we left.

Nice welcoming atmosphere - Edit

We had two evening meals at Paprika. The first night the food was excellent. I had the home made pasts with vegan pesto and my friend had the stir fry. They had a choice of vegan wines and the chocolate truffles and dates was delicious. However the second night we returned there was a different chef, we both had the stir fry which was overcooked and drowned in Soy Sauce. The starter of dips and tacos was very yummy. Overall it is a restaurant with a lovely atmosphere and friendly and helpful staff and the food generally is good but perhaps avoid the stir fry.

Pros: friendly atmosphere, lovely food, good vegan wine list

Cons: food can depend on chef, easy to miss as small sign

Cozy and Delicious! - Edit

Great food!
Cute little place and inside.
Great selection of tea and wine.
Food was tasty. We had a stir fry which could have easily been made at home for more than half the price. But it was worth the experience! Lovely staff and friendly atmosphere.

Lovely vegan restaurant in the Albaicin district - Edit

Ate here twice for dinner. Great atmosphere and plenty of choice at very reasonable prices. 'Dip it' as a starter is plenty for 2 people. Mains are mostly tofu or seitan based.

good vegan restaurant in Granada - Edit

Had a very nice meal here. There was a good selection on the menu which we thought was all reasonably priced. Service was very good, we would go back again.

Pros: friendly staff, very nice food

I loved it! !!! - Edit

During my stay in Granada this July i ate in total seven! times at the Restaurant Paprika. I absolutely loved it! I was there for lunch and dinner times and ate my way through the menu. :-)
For starters i adore the "Bruscetta" and the "filled pasta" is one of my favourite maincourse, also the Thai Curry. The staff is super friendly and so kind.
I recommend everyone to visit the Restaurant Paprika while staying in Granada. You definitively would miss something!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 22, 2015

Pros: amazing fresh home cooked food , outdoor seating , super friendly staff

Cons: The quality of the white wine

Good vegan option - Edit

We ate dinner here and enjoyed the food. I had the tropical salad which was a good size with lots of fresh fruit, avocado, and greens. My husband had the fajitas and loved them. We also shared the ravioli which was good. We were too full to try dessert. The restaurant is small but cute. Either get there by 8:30pm or make a reservation for dinner. The waitress spoke English.

too expensive for nothing - Edit

Im always happy finding an all vegan restaurant while travelling, and paprika was a nice place with very friendly staff. But I don't think I've ever had such bad food at a all vegan place where you'd think they would be good at vegan food?!

Seriously, I ordered the "Asian wok", and it was 12€ for maybe three tiny tiny tiny (!) bits of tofu covered under a mountain of kale. And more kale.
If you go there, order something else. And do not have high expectations..

Comida Elegante - Edit

I was very pleased with my visit to Paprika! The restaurant itself is very cosy, just off Calle Elvira, with a few tables outside as well. The staff was kind, the food was tasty, and it was, overall, just a very relaxing experience. I had the menú del día, which consisted of some sort of veggie cream soup (yum!), an asian stir fry (delicious, though the portion could have been a bit bigger), and some sort of berry pastry (the only thing I have to complain about: it could have been fresher!). It was a bit expensive for a meal, but presentation was beautiful and it's worth paying a bit more for vegan food when it's available!

Pros: Nice atmosphere , beautiful presentation , relaxing

Cons: portions could be larger, dessert could have been fresher, a bit expensive

Best vegan restaurant in Andalusia - Edit

Restaurant Paprika is the far most best vegan dinner I came across when traveling around in Andalusia this summer.

The menu was innovative and fun; with both seitan, tempe and tofu as the base protein. The menu and the texture of the served protein also spoke to my carnivore friends I was there with. They loved it! The sauces, such as the paprika/cashew and the guacamole, were also made with a lot of care.

Service was perfect and the lady serving us gave us the feeling that we were her customers no 1 and she also could answer all the questions we had about what each dish contained.

I would definitely recommend this place to anybody who will stop by Granada in the future.

Pros: Good service, Innovative menu, Well prepared food

Cons: Expensive organic wine , Abstemious outdoor seating

Very expensive for low quality food - Edit

We took the fajitas and the spring roll guacamole menu and both of the dishes were really disappointing considering the price. It is nice to have a vegan restaurant to go with this type of choices, but they should really rethink the ranges of prices or improve the quality of the food.

Pros: Nice staff, central

Cons: Very expensive, Basic quality

Nice place for a glass of wine - Edit

I went to Paprika on a late Summer evening when it is still hot enough to enjoy a meal outside, in the beautifully romantic terrace they have. Location is really great! And the decoration and environment is very cool as well. Staff was friendly and nice! The food was very good at taste but there was nothing surprising... No imagination at all, no new flavors... Although you could tell the ingredients are fresh and tasty for themselves! But way too pricey!!! Really!!!

Pros: Nice location, Fresh and local products, Kind staff

Cons: Pricey!!! Pricey!!!, No imagination added to the dishes

Good food, limited selection. - Edit

Not sure how the atmosphere inside the restaurant is, as we sat outside which was nice. The food was tasty and freshly prepared but the menu was limited, all vegan though. I had the tortilla wraps, very delicious, however a bit too expensive for what it was. Perhaps this would change with higher demand. Sangria was also VERY good.

Pros: Tasty, Selection of alcoholic beverages

Cons: small selection of food, a bit too pricey

lovely vegan restaurant - Edit

The food was really great. We had a wok of vegetables and seitan in besciamella sauce and then a dessert with fresh berries. I can say it's one of the best place were i have ever eat. Really recommended!

Contributions +15

Paprika - Edit

I liked it very much. They were very friendly and helped me with my poor Spanish. The food was delicious and there was a very pleasing atmosphere.

Pros: Ecological, Tastefull, Friendly

Cons: A bit more expensive

Excellent All Vegan Restaurant - Edit

My wife and I are both vegans and spent four nights in Granada. After trying Paprika the first night, we returned the next three and tried about 2/3 of their menu.

Almost everything on the menu is superb. Vegan restaurants are so often bland (one note or lacking in seasoning), heavily reliant on fake meat products, or cheap tasting. Paprika gets an A on all of these. The menu is diverse, which worried me at first: how can they specialize in both stuffed pasta and Thai food? Actually both are delicious.

Yes it's on the pricier side, but a lovely spot for a nice meal out.

I'd absolutely recommend the bruschetta, spring rolls, seitan stew (with a fantastic fake cheesy bechemel sauce), and the stuffed pasta with pesto. The baked tofu is also very good as are some of the salads, but those were my favs.

Overall one of the best places we went on our two week trip through Portugal and Spain.

Pros: Great food, All vegan, diverse menu, Hip area

Cons: Little pricey

Tasty vegan organic food - Edit

We had dinner at Paprika on our trip to Granada in May 2013 after reading the reviews on this site. Sitting outside on one of the few tables, we watched the world go by and enjoyed a couple of Sangrias (organic/local wine is on the menu), a shared starter of crudites and nachos with houmus, guacamole and a couple of pesto/tomato "cheese" type dips, which we really enjoyed although perhaps not so much the houmus, which was a bit dense. As a main, I had the seitan stew with rice, which I would call a seitan Stroganoff (think creamy, mushroom sauce) and my friend had the Asian stir fry. The seitan Stroganoff was tasty and came with rice and a little side salad on the plate but there wasn't a lot of it, which for the price charged was a bit disappointing. The stir fry portion on the other hand was OK. We didn't have a dessert - partly because we didn't particularly fancy the sound of any of them a lot and partly also because we were at our budget for the night at just under 50 Euro for the drinks, shared starter and our mains. The tea (infusion) menu deserves a mention as it not only was it extensive but also educational in terms of what aid/treatment the plants/infusion can offer. While we've definitely eaten more cheaply while in Spain, I was very glad to find a fully vegan restaurant with local, organic foods in Granada and would recommend.

Pros: Vegan, local and organic, including wine, Good selection/variety of dishes, Nice location and atmosphere

Cons: Not inexpensive

Out of this world newly ALL-VEGAN! - Edit

We visited Paprika in May 2013 on a trip to Granada. This restaurant is situated on a beautiful street of the city and we sat at one of the outside tables looking up a picturesque hill. The owner/chef informed us that they had gone totally vegan only three days prior (which thrilled me). We had the spring rolls, guacamole, pesto ravioli and fajitas. For dessert we had the chocolate truffles and caramelized bananas with soy ice cream. Yes, we ate a lot! Everything was so delicious, high-quality, obviously very lovingly made. The presentation was gourmet, service very nice and overall an incredibly enjoyable meal. It was our favorite restaurant on our entire trip around Spain. Absolutely worth going to for a delicious, all-vegan, gourmet dinner.

Pros: Incredibly delicious, Homemade, good quality, Helpful chef and staff

Paprika - Edit

Lovely restaurant with friendly staff. For our started we had nachos & vegetables with freshmade guacamole, hummus & tomatillo salsa. The guacamole and hummus was delicious but the tomatillo kind of bland. The main course was nice and the seitan was prepared really well. The food is not expensive.

A little disappointing - Edit

Whilst staying in Granada we were really excited to try Paprika - the menu looked fantastic, the reviews were glowing and it was very close to our accommodation. However we found the food and service to be lacking. The waitress was completely lovely and helpful but it was only her serving an entire restaurant, prepping food and serving drinks. We had to wait an awful long time for our food, which we wouldn't have minded except for the fact that the quality was lacking. Our entree was a tasting plate of dips which was excellent but the mains were a complete letdown. I ordered the seitan which was so tough I had a hard time cutting it let alone chewing it. It was also dry and lacking in flavour and I'm now finding myself with a stomach ache from it. My partner ordered the pasta which was ok, but nothing special. My drink order was forgotten also but brought out right at the end apologetically. We had spent so much time waiting that we decided not to bother with dessert. I felt very bad for the overworked waitress and one chef and desperately wanted to write a good review but unfortunately our experience wasn't great. :(

Pros: nice environment, good menu variety

Cons: food wasn't great, service was very slow, quite loud as kitchen is in restaurant

Fantastic! Do Not Miss This Place - Edit

As far as I am concerned the best veggie restaurant in Spain. The menu choices have a lot of variety and the dishes are prepared fresh as you order. Lots of vegan options. I went for the baked tofu and braised seitan dish. It was delicious and filling. The cook and waitress are delightful, you will want to stay for hours!

(If you are lucky you will catch some late night bicyclers that ride both down AND UP the stair street out front.)

Pros: Incredible Food, Best Staff, Great Atmosphere

Highly recommended - Edit

Very good food with a lot of vegan plates. They use organic ingredients and you can watch the chef preparing your meal. They also have a great choice of organic wines. We enjoyed very much eating here and came all the days we stayed in Granada. We almost tried every plate of the menu and can absolutely recommend every plate.

Pros: excellent food, fresh organic ingredients, friendly staff

Paprika Restaurant, Granada, Spain - Edit

Very nice little restaurant, up a few steps from the road. Tables also outside. Moderate prices. Menu in English and staff speak English. Very tasty food.

Opens 13.30 - 16.00 hours and 20.00 - 23.30 hours.

Pros: Good food, Moderate prices, English spoken

Cons: Up steps off the road

Delicious - Edit

The food here is cooked in full view by the most relaxed chef I have seen. He produces high quality, delicious meals,cooked with skill and care. Its food to enjoy and food to nourish. Not cheap but excellent value.

Pros: delicious, cooked with skill and care, nourishing

Cons: pricey

Muy Bueno - Edit

We had the sampler platter, asian wok, tofu and seitan platter, and butternut squash ravioli, chocolate truffles, and the carmelized bananas with soy ice cream...all were fantastic. This is a cozy, unique spot with wonderful service.

Pros: food, atmosphere, service

Best vegan food I had in Andalusia - Edit

A beautiful place with very nice staff. The tapas (olives) were incredible as were the spring roles we ordered as starters. As main dishes we had the Fajita and Thai Curry. The Fajita was with a lot more Seitan than I usually like but it tasted really good. The Thai Curry was rather mediocre. It contained soy sauce (which is really out of place in a Thai Curry), very little coconut milk and the vegetables were partly burnt.
Altogether it was a good experience (and definitely the best I had in all of Andalusia), a little pricey and with some space for improvement.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 17, 2012

Pros: fantastic spring roles, very nice staff

Cons: mixed experience with main dishes, pricey

Lovely atmosphere + tasty food - Edit

I really enjoyed my meal here. I was just spending a couple of days in the city and doing my research this place popped up as one of the few vegan friendly eateries.
My Mum and I shared a big sald to start which wasn't particularly special but portion size was good.
I went for the seitan mole fajitas for my mine which was super scrummy. 2 flour fajitas served with some really good firm seitan slices, sauteed peppers and onions, the mole sauce,salsa and guac (no sour cream for vegan option). You then build your own fajitas. Everything was fresh, not greasy at all and I was certainly stuffed!
My Mum went for a Tofu coconut curry w/brown rice. I didn't try it but she said it was good, and the portion size wasn't overwhelming either, but just right.
The menu was really big and I had a tough time making my choice.

Pros: healthy, filling and tasty , Friendly staff, quiet but central location

Cons: a few dishes were unavaialable

mixed feelings - Edit

The first time it was good but very expensive. The second time it wasn't the same staff (not nice)and it wasn't good (rice very dry, without sauce).
on the other hand, there are maggots and cockroaches and I found 2 on the food! Not to mention all the pub for leather items . [edit by staff - please see ToS]

Lovely - Edit

Fantastic restaurant close the town centre. The menu is varied and friendly for vegans. Unfortunately, a couple of dishes were sold out when we arrived, but the chef came out to see us and was willing to be creative in order to make sure we got something interesting to eat. Food was delicious and the wine was decent too. Food took a little bit long to come, but they brought us a free aperitif (soyamilk blended with banana and chili) which was very kind of them.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Friendly, attentive staff, Lots of options

Cons: A little slow

Return to Granada Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Paprika closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6228 times since Apr 2011.