Pappare'

Via de' Giudei 2, Bologna, Italy, 40126

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee shop and bistro with breakfast and brunch specials. Has an all day menu with many vegetarian & vegan choices (starters, soups, mains, sweets), daily made-in-house comfort food and fresh drinks. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Italian, Western, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Bakery, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by HannahEleonore

Cute but confusing - Edit

Options looked good but it was super busy, difficult to work out whether to seat yourself or not, and I had to wait about 40 mine for my order even though my friend received hers. We suspect they forgot me. The vegan sweet brunch option was a nice treat though.

Pros: Some decent options

Cons: Slow, Busy

Not great - Edit

I looked at their menu online before going in for dinner and was keen for a burger they had, but it must've been an outdated menu online because their monthly special was a Mexican Buddha bowl instead, which I ordered. Nothing great. I was going to get dessert (they have a vegan red velvet cake which sounded amazing) but everything was quite expensive to the point where I was put off ordering it.
I was planning on returning the next morning for breakfast, but decided against it because of the prices.
I would also like to see more and better vegan options.

Pros: Vegan sources of protein - chickpeas, beans, etc, They have vegan cake and croissants

Cons: Expensive, Main meal wasn't particularly great

miscommunication - Edit

Unfortunately, despite the wide selection of vegan and veggie food they seemed to provide, our service was really slow and when the food did come I ended up with a focaccia with mozzarella in it (I had been told it was veggies and hummus) and my vegetarian boyfriend ended up with prosciutto in his cheese croissant :( our drinks took ages to come as well.
It seems like they have a good selection of food, but be sure to clarify with them about exactly what food contains!

Pros: wide selection of vegan options

Cons: accidentally got served non-vegan food!

Return to Bologna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pappare' closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.