CLOSED: Papis Tacos Al Carbon

Contact 951-688-5900

11860 Magnolia Ave, Ste U and V (at Pierce St), Riverside, California, USA, 92503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves authentic Mexican food with vegetarians and vegans catered for. Most dishes can be made vegetarian or vegan upon request. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by badrelijen

I love Papi's Tacos! - Edit

I am a Vegan and I L-O-V-E Papi's Tacos!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I consider myself blessed to live somewhat near Papi's and it is definitely my favorite restaurant. I really like their bean and "cheese" burritos. Oh and their dopladitos (little tacos) are excellent! I once went out of town for vacation and ordered a few days worth of food. ITS THAT GOOD!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

Best Veggie Mexican Food - Edit

Papis has been the most authentic mexican food I've ate since I moved here from Mexico. There is no other place in the area with such an authentic mexican taste. The couple that runs it are extremely friendly and seventh-day adventist so they make sure the food is cooked with no excess grease and really healthy. There is so many vegetarian options it's great. Once you try Papis You'll never stop going back, I'm serious, especially if you love mexican food. The only downside is that it also serves meat to non-vegetarian people, so the menu is half veggie and half non-veggie. But if you can get passed that it's the best veggie place, in my opinion, in all of Riverside.

Pros: Friendly, Authentic Taste, Numerous Veggie Options

decent value - Edit

The food is okay - not bad, but not too good either. The lady who runs the place seems very nice. She caters her food-stock according to her vegan client's wishes. The place is clean, the prices average, for a restaurant. Worth checking out at least once, if only to at least experiment with other vegan choices.

Pros: friendly staff

Papis Tacos - Edit

My family and i are always on the look out for placesn that are for both kinds of eaters,veggie and non.And if your looking for that kind of place it's there,I had a walnut meatball plate with a muchroom sause over it.Even though it was very good,I didnt like the fact that nothing we ordered was made fresh, it was all re-heated and served,and just to do that took a long time.i would like to go again an try other items on the menue,only because veggie friendly places are slim to none in my area.most if it was in spanish so i asked alot of questions.the owner was very helpful and friendly an the place was family friendly.

Pros: helpful at the counter, family friendly

Cons: re-heated food, time consuming, one grill for all food

Papi's: Good Vegetarian Mexican in Riverside - Edit

I have frequented this restaurant for it's many vegetarian Mexican options. From tacos to flautas, burritos to huaraches, Papi's does it all. They serve fresh juices--try the agua de jamaica, tamarindo or the horchata. The prices are very reasonable, the service is good and the restaurant is always clean.

Papi's is run by a friendly Mexican couple who often help prepare and serve the food. Papi's will customize any order. A complimentary salsa bar offers flavor when a little extra might be needed.

For those who eat meat, Papi's provides a full menu of traditional Mexican dishes made to order.

Pros: Excellent Variety, Made Fresh, Fast Service

Cons: Uninteresting Ambience

Not quite what we expected... - Edit

The staff was friendly, and they had a separate vegetarian menu. My main concern was that it appeared everything was cooked on the same surface. The lady who helped us stood by as we asked lots of questions regarding what could be made vegan from the vegetarian menu.

The food was a little bland. The beans and rice that came on the side of our meal had almost no flavor. The vegan steak burritos we got were ok, but a little greasy.

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience, and we want to go back there and try another dish that was suggested to us, but we aren't going to get our hopes up too high.

Pros: friendly/knowledgable staff, quick service

Return to Riverside Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Papis Tacos Al Carbon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 475 times since Jul 2009.