CLOSED: Papiga

Contact +38641693543

Trubarjeva Cesta 17, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a variety of in-house-made vegan snacks and sweets made from mostly organic ingredients, vegan sandwiches and smoothies made from fresh fruit. It is a take-out shop, but it has a bench inside where you can sit and eat. CLOSED AND REPLACED BY Piknik. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Italian, Japanese, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by babsiveganerin

I cannot say enough about how much we LOVED and appreciated Papiga and the sweet lady who runs the place. I really wish I could give this place 5 cows (the settings only allow me to give 4 because it's listed as "veg-friendly), but seriously, this place is AMAZING for vegetarians AND vegans. SO MANY OPTIONS. We went all out vegan with sandwiches, salads, side dishes, cookies, smoothies, and energy balls. I think the lady thought we were a bit crazy because we ordered so much, but seriously, how can you stop yourself when things are this good! Take my advice: GO TO PAPIGA. You will not be disappointed. Honestly, as much as I loved the food, I think the best thing about this place was the lady who runs it. She was willing to "reserve" certain items for us (to come back later and get them) and explained everything to us in English. The only downside is that this place is closed on weekends, which was most of our time in Ljubljana. Would go back a million times! Thank you so much for this amazing experience. We love you!

best vegan opportunity in ljubljana! - Edit

because you can also buy meat, its declared just as veg-friendly... but you get much more vegan food here!
the owner barbara offers different vegan stuff - sandwiches, sushi, cookies, cakes, smoothies, coffee... i ate some of her selfmade cookies and like the cakes the most of them are very healthy (without sugar, wholegrain) - and sooo delicious!!!
its also very cheap - so a good opportunity for students ;)
papiga is easy to find and barbara is really nice - for me the best vegan opportunity in ljubljana!

Pros: very nice owner, selfmade healthy cookies and cakes, much different vegan stuff

Cons: you also get meat here

Return to Ljubljana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Papiga closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 186 times since Nov 2011.