Panthere Verte - St. Denis

Contact 514-303-1313

1735 rue St-Denis, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2X 3K4

Opened 2015, this branch of The Green Panther is a bar and maybe has an age requirement - ask. All alcohol is reported to be vegan, and you could order drinks only (without food). Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Canadian

First Review by misterysun

I LOVEEEEE IT - Edit

Honestly, this all vegan, organic and sustainable restaurant is DA BOMB. They DO have the best falafels in the whole wide world. Seriously. Plus, everything is so savory and it's really not that pricey. Their sweet potato fries are the best as well as their dipping sauces (lots of options). Their selection of alcohol is pretty damn good. I recommend you go there, everybody loves that place ! ❤️

Pros: Best falafels ever, Organic (they really care), Lots of options

Cons: nothing, none, nada (I swear)

Awesome dessert! - Edit

I only had dessert here so can't really comment on anything else. I tried the brownie and the carrot cake. Both were delicious! The brownie was so good that I had to get two more pieces the next day to bring back home. Staff was very friendly as well. Recommended!

Pros: great dessert, friendly staff

Yumm! - Edit

I'm always happy to see more Green Panther locations popping up around the city, especially more in the downtown areas where quick vegan food can be slim pickings. The falafel is always delicious and they also make delicious desserts. This location has lots of seating inside, as well as outdoor seating in the summer to take in all of the festivals and spectacles.

Pros: Great location, Quick food

Loved it! - Edit

During our recent visit to Montreal we ate here numerous times and loved every bite we had. My husband ordered their falafal pita sandwich a couple of times, even buying one to eat on the plane going home. I loved the mixed salad and their salad dressing is one of the best ever. Don't get me started on the brownies and cookies! We ate way too many but they were worth it! It's 2 short blocks from the Musee de Beaux Arts, which is wonderful if you're touring, and the area has great shops and department stores within walking distance. The staff were outstanding, always smiling and helpful. Outside seating is another plus.

Pros: Clean, healthy, delicious food, Really nice staff, Great location

Lunch - Edit

I recently went here for lunch with my omnivorous boyfriend. I got the soup and salad combo, and he got the bbq tofu pita with salad. I was amazed at their salad, as they basically take a bunch of different cold salads and put a small scoop of each on a large plate. As a vegan who doesn't really like salads at all I was pleasantly surprised! The vegetable soup was delicious, with a light but well rounded broth. My bf was also pleased with his salad and pita. The atmosphere was nice, with all ages/genders/styles of people enjoying their food and conversation. As visitors to Montreal we do not speak French, and the workers there did not get upset when we spoke to them in English but replied in kind and were very helpful!

Pros: healthy food, multiple locations

Finally a vegan bar - Edit

This Panthère Verte is like the other branches of the chain: the food is fresh, tasty, organic, vegan and pretty healthy.

But since this is a bar, you can order booze without any food, which is always nice.

I highly recommend the Buddy Caesar drink, which comes with falafels. Impressive.

Pros: Very friendly staff, Not too noisy, Organic, environmentally-friendly

Cons: Small menu, Closes early for a bar

Easy delicious vegan food - Edit

Casual dining with funky decor. I love that everything is vegan and organic, even the full bar. The staff are friendly and the falafel is delicious. Try the desserts!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 12, 2016

Pros: Falafel, Decor, Vegan and organic

Cons: Not huge selection

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Panthere Verte - St. Denis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.