Panthere Verte - Centre-Ville

514-903-4744

2153 MacKay St (at downtown), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3G 2J2

Laid back cafe in downtown Montreal offering sandwiches, soups, smoothies, and salads as well as raw food and energy boosters and healthier desserts. A few locations. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Western, Take-out, Canadian

First Review by D and D

great falafel - Edit

It's one of the best falafel I've had. The desserts look amazing. Cute friendly casual vegan place

Pros: falafel, atmosphere , fair prices

A good find - Edit

The daily specials are very creative. This is another regular stop during our annual weekend visits to Montreal. We wouldn't miss it.

Pros: Good variety, friendly and helpful staff. Deliciou

Nice sweet potato fries - Edit

I have been a couple of months ago to this place and don't remeber a lot. Only that, the food (especially sweet potato fries) was very good.

Fresh and satisfying - Edit

Panthere Verte has a good thing going, with very friendly service and fresh, salubrious, and satisfying food.

There is a variety of healthy drinks. I had the "tropikale" smoothie, which was fresh and energizing.

The food menu is a bit on the small side, centered around sandwiches and falafel. I wish they had just a few more options, but at least these things they do very well.

Don't miss the dessert case. :-)

Enjoy!

Fantastic food & service - Edit

This place is 100% plant based and organic. It is known for their falafels. The staff was exceptional and allowed you to taste many of the offerings before you purchased. We got the falafel pita and the temptation pita. Both were great! There is a decent beer, wine, and cocktail selection here, as well.

Pros: Tasty and organic food, 100% vegan, Wonderful staff

Awesome! See for yourself! - Edit

Gosh, I really do love this place!
First of all, look at their mascot the Green Panther - it's so taking, I would probably even buy nuclear waste if this panther would persuade me to do so.
Pretty centrally located venue, there is a vegan drug store right above it, green inside with plenty of trailing plants - just great!
At peak times it can get crowded, but many customers just come in for lunch break or even order their food for take-away, so normally you shouldn't fear not to find a place to seat. There is even a special pillow-covered spot to sit in the shopwindow (you have to take off your shoes there).
The sandwiches (filled pitas) are probably their flagship. All of the choices are tasty, but my favorites are VégéPanthère and Tempehtation. Highly recommended is also viramisu, their version of a vegan tiramisu; that's so amazing it's ridiculous. The whole lot of the menu is just pretty good value.
Actually I never tried any of the energy balls they seem to be famous for as well, mainly because I am not a fan of all those superfood-raw-stuff.
However, apart from the raw stuff (which probably isn't bad, I am just not interested in) I can't underline enough how great the place and the food and the staff is.
The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and simply awesome.
You'll find sandwiches (and plenty of other items as well, such as salads) also prepacked in the fridge, if you are in a hurry.
I would eat there regularly if I would live there. Come and see for yourself!

Pros: amazing venue, good attitude, pretty damn tasty

Cons: there is no Panthere Verte in Germany :(

Speedy Healthy - Edit

If you need a quick healthy bite downtown, this is a great place. I ordered the special with a salad and it was delicious. A kind of chickpea curry with rice for a decent price. The portion was generous.

Pros: Healthy, Quick and Easy, Near museum

One of my favourite restaurants in Montreal! - Edit

When I lived in Montreal, I used to go there all the time!
If you go during lunch, there's a very long line up, so don't be in a hurry.

Check out my blog post about it for more info :)

Quick & Easy! - Edit

We were recommended to eat at PVerte from our organic food provider in Ontario. We sampled the burger and pate sandwich in combo with the potato rosemary soup. Great university vibe and delicious food. Had the halva cookie on the side. Good food, good value.

Pros: tasty options, cosy enviro

Cons: crowded....if that's a bad thing!

Flavourful sandwiches - Edit

Small, simple and lovely place. I was here one month ago with a friend and we tried falafusion, tempehtation, daily soups, mango lassi.
We both thought it was tasty, the staff was friendly and the service was quick.

Pros: Friendly and welcoming staff

Panthère verte at the city center! - Edit

This new Panthère Verte at the city center is great. The restaurant is just beside Crudessence on Mackay and offers more room than the one in Mile End. The place is cute, the staff is friendly and it offers a wide range of fresh sandwiches and drinks. I took a sandwich to take away and a smoothie and I enjoyed them really. Prices are relatively fair and portions are correct (but not huge). I really recommend this place for food to take away.

Pros: fresh vegan food, take away, location, pleasant place

Cons: not huge portions

Pricy but yummy! - Edit

Smaller portions with a higher price tag, but yummy vegan options nonetheless! All their sandwiches come in a pita pocket. Their pastries are also very good.

Pros: Yummy

Cons: Expensive

Disappointed.. - Edit

I am a crazy falafel lover. I wanted to try for a very long time the Panthere Verte's falafel, and I finally did it...but was really disappointed. The pita was wet, the falafel balls really dry and overall the flavour was poor...

Cons: Small portions, Flavourless , Soggy sandwich

Healthy organic vegan food - Edit

This is the second location opened by La Panthère verte. It is quite bigger than the Mile-End location and the setting is very nice.

The food is good and healthy. I am particularly fond of the desserts (most particularly the brownies, the tiramisu and the pecan tart) and sandwichs come in thick fresh pitas (I like the tempeh sandwich the best, but if you haven't overdosed on falafel sandwiches yet, you should definitely try theirs).

Pros: Nice vice, Tasty food, Organic

Cute, neighborhood cafe - Edit

This is a great place tucked away under a set of stairs. The foods are simple and clean. We had two sandwiches - Tempehtation and BBQ. They were fine, although not with any real spice. The cookies were great. We had two soups that were FAB.

Here's the take out deal with soup, they give you a glass, jam jar, charge to use it and rebate the charge when you bring it back.

VERY eco-friendly. Smoothies basic, but flavorful. Coffee and teas available Beers available.

The staff was very friendly and spoke english as well as french. Your orders come out very quickly. There is seating available, about 15-20 seats.

I wish this was in my hometown.

Pros: All Vegan, Clean food, Friendly staff

Cons: Small, Not for major dinner.

Nice Falafel sandwiches - Edit

This is a very small restaurant and usually quite crowded.
I like to go there for take out whenever I am downtown.
The Falafel sandwiches are really good.
There are few other things I would like to try in the future.
Since I am not a big eater, the small size is perfect for me and the price is quite reasonable.
It is great that the downtown is coming up with more Vegetarian options.

Pros: Cheap, Good location

Cons: small, crowded

Super restaurant/great prices! - Edit

I love the Panther Verte! I love this location better than the one on St Viateur as it's bigger and has a cute window cushion seating spot. THe sandwiches are delicious! And I love the variety. I've been there multiple times and have not even tried them all. They also make delicious desserts! I looooove their Tiramisu and cookies!

Pros: Desserts!, Large portions, Cool ambiance

Cons: often busy/wait time

Panthere Verte - MacKay, Montreal - Edit

The 1st thing is that it is literally next door to Crudessence which is also 100% vegan so you could take a look at both and take your pick.

I wasn't sure what to have so I asked the guy named Jordan for a recommendation. I usually am not the most enthusiastic salad eater but when I seen what was being dishes up I was more than happy to give that a blast. It was very nice. No complaints at all re food quality, service nor setting.

Pros: All vegan, Good food

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Panthere Verte - Centre-Ville closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.