First Review by brewjaz

My go-to when my usual go-tos are sold out - Edit

I like Pangea, and have probably ordered from them about 20 times since the early 2000s. Good store, always pretty quick to send things, don't have much to complain about.

The only reason I don't shop more is that they just don't *wow* me in any particular way. I can find a decent selection, but I always have to go elsewhere to get more of what I need because they rarely add anything new. Pricing is good, but not great, and I think I've seen two discount offers in 10 years from them. Service is good, but lots of worry with how much they make you deal with things "at your own risk" on some items, which isn't enticing me to take a chance.

Still, we don't have more than a few online shops left who actually are real 100% vegan through-and-through locations where you don't have to worry about how your money will be spent once they get it. For that, I always give them credit, because 6 years ago we had a dozen such options out there, now you can count 'em on one hand and still have a few fingers left over. Support these folks from time to time, they deserve it!

Pros: 100% vegan, Always have the basics you need, Comfortable, like your favorite t-shirt

Cons: Site is pretty dated and clunky, Need to offer more unique items, They need to offer more discounts!!!

Rather Solid Vegan Store - Edit

This is a store usually hard to come by in big cities so the fact that there is an all vegan store in Rockville is fantastic to begin with and scores this place major points. Their website is very good and you can order many things for delivery or pickup. Additionally, the staff are - as vegans tend to be - pretty awesome and fun to chat with.

Beyond that, the store hours for walk-ins is limited to weekends (presently) and I do wish that would change. The in-store selection wasn't particularly impressive when I've been but the more expansive website helps make up for that.

All in all, it's worth a visit if you're in the area. I've bought a few vegan leather items from them before and was satisfied with the quality and price of the merchandise that they stock.

Pros: Unique in the area, Good online selection, Awesome staff

Cons: Store Hours, In-store stock leaves to be desired

A vegan paradise! - Edit

All I have to say is this: a store that I spent $130 in (on lots of items, mind you) must mean there are plenty of good things in it to buy! My only disappointment was the limited shoe options. Otherwise, this store rocks.

Pros: All vegan!, Friendly staff, Reasonable prices

Cons: Small

When Was the Last Time You Walked Into a Webpage? - Edit

Why not stop in and pick up marshmallows and bumper stickers?! It's just a few blocks away from the vegetable garden - which I know you drove many miles to visit since reading my review. I love this little store front. It's tiny but personable. And you know that anyone you meet in there is going to be pretty stinkin' cool.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Loads of Vegan Goodies @ your Fingertips

Everything Vegan! - Edit

Of course you can order anything they have on-line, but if you're in the area (limited hours on weekends-check "visit us" on their website), it's nice to be able to see or try on items. Very small place but friendly service. And did I mention it's ALL VEGAN??!! I want to add I have ordered from them on-line numerous times (too many to count) and have always been pleased with the quick, friendly and accurate service. It's just nice to actually see the products beforehand and meet the friendly people!

Pros: All vegan, Friendly service, Mail order

Cons: VERY small place

Return to Rockville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Pangea - The Vegan Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2607 times since Nov 2008.