Pals 35 Veggie

35, Zheng He Rd, Qianzhen District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Serves vegan and vegetarian food including Taiwanese-style rice and noodle dishes, burritos, burgers (non-vegan), and spaghetti. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-1:30pm, 4:30pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, International, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by junya

Authentic Western Favorites - Edit

Faced with a somewhat peculiar menu style that had Chinese/English headings (Burrito, Burger, Beverage, etc), yet all other info in Chinese, I steeled myself for a potentially formidable language challenge. But, to my surprise, the owner bypassed the language negotiation lead-in and dived right into fluent English. She explained that the mainly monolingual menu resulted from financial constraints. We discussed alternatives, and hopefully this will soon be remedied. If not, do not be put off by the menu! The owner actually enjoys explaining, and I was satisfied that she had a basic understanding of the vegan diet, as she steered me away from the burgers that used a ovo-vege mushroom product.

Though the vegan choices were limited, the two dishes I tried were excellent. The spaghetti with pesto used olive oil and sweet basil (not easy to find in Kaohsiung!). The vegetable burrito used a home-made tomato sauce that bordered on addictive.

I don't normally seek Western dishes in Asia, but this experience was a pleasant surprise. Fans of Western food should definitely give this a try.

Pros: Tasty, handmade dishes, Friendly, helpful owner

Cons: No English menu, Limited vegan options

Return to Kaohsiung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pals 35 Veggie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.