Pallotta

Contact 075812649

Vicolo della Volta Pinta N 3, Assisi, Italy, 06081

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Italian fresh food offers 6 days/week. Has several veg/vegan choices. Not far from the Piaza del Comune. Open Mon 12:00pm-2:30pm, Mon 7:00pm-9:30pm, Wed 12:00pm-2:30pm, Wed 7:00pm-9:30pm, Thu 12:00pm-2:30pm, Thu 7:00pm-9:30pm, Fri 12:00pm-2:30pm, Fri 7:00pm-9:30pm, Sat 12:00pm-2:30pm, Sat 7:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm, Sun 7:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by Vestpocketvenus

Predominantly meat dishes - Edit

So I went there in desperate need of some proper food on Friday 14 November 2014. If I would have had a phone number I guess it would have been advisable to reserve a table, even off-season, this restaurant seems very popular. And I guess that they are good with the rather traditional Umbrian/Italian dishes, people around me were all happy carnivores. I came rather early and a few tables were occupied and the rest reserved. They made a table available for me, but I don't have to tell that it was not the best one.

"... has several vegan choices" is stretching it. The waiter was honest enough to tell me that the non egg noodles on the menu were "kind of with egg white" but told me that the kitchen can prepare the dish with either pasta or spaghetti. That is a big big plus as I have been in restaurants where the staff knew nothing about the ingredients of their vegetarian options. As antipasti was only Bruschetta vegan. They do have a "Vegetarian menu", but I doubt that the cheese is with vegetarian rennet though. All mains were with meat or fish. Salads were partly vegan.

They also have a large dessert card, mostly cakes (with butter, eggs, milk).

It is actually hard to give a fair rating. I was served good, fresh food and the waiter was very kind, and it is very difficult to get vegan food in Italy (very surprising actually, with a few tweaks even traditional dishes can be prepared vegan).

Pros: Knowledgable staff

Return to Assisi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pallotta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 880 times since May 2014.