Pala Pizza Roma

Contact 0225912289

MRT Sukhumvit Platform at interlink BTS-ASOK, Asok Rd, Bangkok, Thailand, 101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers pizza by the slice. A few marked vegan options include soup, salad, and garlic topped marinara pizza. Located just outside of the Sukhumvit / Asok stations on the outside of Terminal 21 mall. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 10:30am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jojoinbrighton

Can't complain - Edit

Like the previous reviewer, you can choose to complain about this restaurant's lack of care if you like, and he's correct in his complaints. However I personally think that it's a little bit much to expect this bustling restaurant that serves both eat in and take-away customers at the hugely busy MRT/BTS interchange, to be worrying about which utensils they use for each pizza. Especially seeing as the vast majority of customers will be non-vegan. I instead am thankful that a pizza restaurant actually has a vegan offering, so that I can get some fresh food to take away when I'm changing trains like a normal person, because most pizza restaurants don't offer that.

The vegan pizza is called 'marinara', and it's essentially just dough with tomato sauce on it. And I would say that yes, it does taste as bland as it sounds, even though they try to give it a little more flavour with herbs. But even though it's fairly tasteless, that doesn't mean that it's inedible, and it's better than nothing if you're in a rush.

If you want a really delicious, vegan focussed, sit-down meal, and you have a bit of time, then the excellent 'May Veggie Home' is only a five minute walk from this pizza restaurant. However if you're with some carnivorous friends that you can't convince to go vegan for the night, or if you just need something quick to take-away, then I'm actually very thankful that they have a vegan offering, because let's face it, most pizza places don't.

Vegan options not handled properly - Edit

Even though Pala Pizza offers vegan options, from my past experience, it seems like there is not proper handling of vegan food. The vegan pizza is picked up with the same utensils used to pick up non-vegan pizza, which is contaminated with cheese. Last time I was there and ordered a vegan slice (which was over 5 months back), I found a piece of cheese on it. I have not been back since.
I believe a restaurant offering vegan options, should know how to separate and handle the vegan food properly to avoid contamination from animal protein.

Vegan Pizza by the Slice - Edit

I was super excited to discover this place when I googled "Vegan Pizza Bangkok"! The vegan pizza option is a marinara pizza with plenty of garlic and it's ridiculously good. You can order by the slice, 1/2 meter or meter. They label vegan options on the menu and there were also soups and salads to choose from.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 03, 2015

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pala Pizza Roma closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.