Pad Thai

Contact 330-668-9981

3545 Brookwall Dr, Akron, Ohio, USA, 44333

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Has vegetarian stir frys, curry, soups. Ask to use separate cooking utensils. White table cloth. Open daily.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by bigbunny

Super tasty food, great overall experience - Edit

Lots of vegan options, our waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable about what to order. I asked for the yellow curry, and he immediately warned me that this cannot be made vegan since it uses fish as a flavor-er. So, I ordered the red curry with veggies and tofu and my mom ordered the green curry with veggies and tofu, both of which are safely vegan. The flavors/spices were so delicious, the tofu was great, and the veggies were great. I loved everything about the red curry. The green curry was good, too, but I liked my order better. Also, the ambiance of the restaurant is very peaceful, relaxing, and the restaurant seems clean and well-maintained.

Pros: flavorful, great curry (I only tried curry so I ca, lots of vegan options, helpful waiter

It used to be good, but now it is terrible - Edit

This place has a relatively high Happy Cow rating based on reviews from when this place was good. It has not been good for over a year now. They have had changes and the food has suffered. It's pretty gross and it should be avoided. When we called management to complain, they were defensive and told us we didn't know what we were talking about.
Cilantro in downtown does Thai food correctly. Go there instead and have the vegan mock duck curry. It's the greatest.

Pros: Ample parking, Good for weight loss since inedible, fond memories of good food years ago

Cons: greasy, flavorless and gross, high price for bad takeout, management very defensive

food, service, and variety - Edit

They serve more than Thai. It's a variety of Asian foods with a rather lengthy menu. More options can be converted to veg. I would recommend, even though they are a little light on the spices.

Pros: service, variety, cost

Cons: need a little more spice

Good Thai food in Fairlawn - Edit

Our visit to Pad Thai was a mixed bag. We ordered the vegetarian steamed dumplings and they were mediocre at best. The dumplings were just dough and vegetables with no flavor. Dinner was better, I ordered the Pad Thai and my husband ordered the Red Curry. Both dinners were seasoned well and the curry was delicious. Our food came out extremely fast and our server was attentive. However, the restaurant was very cold and many customers were complaining that there was cold air blowing throughout dinner. Our server said nothing could be done. I think next time we will get our dinners to go.

Pros: Yummy entrees , Attentive service

Cons: Cold, Mediocre appetizers

Make their own rolled tofu 'chicken' - GORGEOUS! - Edit

Try their General Tso's faux chicken ... we go out of our way for it. Lots of vegan options or make up your own. Friendly staff & capable kitchen!
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 02, 2012

Pros: Yummy, Affordable, Unmissable red & yellow building! :-)

Cons: Way out in Montrose

Return to Akron Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pad Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1205 times since Mar 2009.