CLOSED: PachaMama's

• Vegetarian

Contact 530-823-0909

884 Lincoln Way, Auburn, California, USA, 95603

Located in Auburn's Historic Gold Country Mall, the PachaMama's Organic Cafe has merged with Auburn Alchemy since early 2011. Serves organic coffee and tea, smoothies, wheatgrass, vegetable drinks, salads, bagels, wraps, raw food, and rice bowls. The shop also sells New Age and metaphysics related items like crystals. Reported closed to HappyCow Aug 2013 and looking for a new owner.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by jennearth

Amazing food and friendly staff! - Edit

This little gem of a spot is a little difficult to find, but so worth it if you take the time! We found it and ate there everyday of our visit to Auburn.
There is a great selection of items for all kinds of hard to please eaters and food sensitivities. And all organic too!

Pros: Great food., Variety., Friendly.

Cons: Don't go of you are in a hurry!

Easy access of I-80 from SF to Reno - Edit

This restaurant was started 5 years ago and began with an all volunteer staff for 6 months. A community person gives her personal support to it. I asked for a green drink, and it was great, the green salad had fresh lettuce, kale, and avocados! On our return to SF, we'll stop there again.

Pros: easy access from I-80, in a small mall, good prices

Cons: seating was a little crowded

PachaMama's - Edit

At the urging of friends and family I finally made it into PachaMamas. I wondered "How good could it be??? With all of my food sensitivities I figured there would not be anything on the menu I could eat or I would be stuck having to eat something I was just not in the mood for." I was pleasantly surprised when I found numerous "safe" dishes on the menu.
I had the Rachele bowl (naked burrito/taco salad bowl) and was blown away, the vegan nacho cheese was delicious... and I just couldn't stop myself. I should have eaten half the bowl and saved the other half for later... let's just say I went in hungry and skeptical and left very full and satisfied!

Pros: Very friendly staff, Relaxed atmosphere, Good menu

good food but pricey - Edit

Food was great. Lots to choose from for being vegan which was cool. Except I paid over 6 bucks for a smoothie that was small! I've spent less on other vegan shakes for more. The food was good but very small portion for 8 bucks. Spent over 15 dollars on lunch for one person and wasn't really worth it. Check it out tho

yum! - Edit

This place is amazing. Period.
Their wraps are to die for and I find myself craving them!
The people that work there are super nice and extremely helpful. Hands down one of my favorite places to eat in Auburn!

LOVE PACHAMAMA'S Organic CAFE - Edit

Honestly, I usually avoid organic vegan type restaurants, but I was with a friend who does, so there we go ... I can't tell you how surprised I was at how much I loved it .. my friend got the wrap, and I got some kind of sesame ginger rice bowl with "quinot" (spell?) YUMMMM!! It had the most amazing flavor ... I have tried to duplicate it at home and can not. The person who helped me (blonde) so VERY warm and friendly. (so I don't understand the person who said rude - FAR from rude) .. I live in Auburn, so have gone back, and will continue. Did I mention .. I always leave feeling I did something very nice and healthy for myself. GREAT BOOST!!

Pros: Tasty Organic Food, Warm friendly Staff

Awesome - Edit

Just discovered this wonderful oasis tucked away in downtown Auburn and I must say it is a delight!
The all volunteer staff restores your faith in man kind; I mean is that not what life is all about, helping your fellow man, showing him he is loved unconditionally? All were very helpful and friendly, actually I have to say all were eager to serve and please the clientele. Quite a refreshing change from typical minimum wage earners I have experienced.
Now for the food, delicious is all I have to say! I had the Mother Grain Bowl, came away feeling not only satisfied but actually full It was worth the wait, as quality food takes time. The Ginger Snapdragons were a little treat from heaven, lots of chunks of crystallized ginger, soft and sweet!
One of the biggest hits and what will keep me going back weather I am having a meal or not is the Out of This World Coffee! It is by far the best in town, each cup made to order.

Awesome! - Edit

Wonderful little cafe inside the Gold Country "Mall" in the quaint town of Auburn California. The ladies working here were cool, I felt very at home there, the kitchen was so clean and you could see everything they were preparing and all the ingredients are in eyesight, which is reassuring to a vegan! I got one of the rice bowls, a tastey combination of warm rice with a cool salad on top, very yummy and fresh. For a dessert to go, I highly recommend the Liz Lovely Snapdragon cookies, awesome treat!

Pros: friendly, clean, yummy

Cons: rice bowl could be bigger

Return to Auburn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: PachaMama's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 494 times since Aug 2007.