Pacha Manka

Contact n/a

Buenos Aires 457 (at btwn Cordoba and Entre Rios), Humahuaca, Argentina,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Staff speak English here. Offers a few ovo-lacto veggie choices, like empandas with quinoa and goat's cheese. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, South American, Argentinian, Non-veg

First Review by liz88

Delicious food, and vegetarian dishes are flagged - Edit

Although Pacha Manka isn't vegetarian at all, it's a very good option for vegetarians and vegans visiting Humahuaca, especially considering the fact that there are apparently no 100% vegetarian restaurant in the whole region.

My girlfriend and I had a very delicious lunch there on March 30th, 2016, being very well received by a guy who's apparently the owner. Although only he and a woman (in the kitchen) were in the restaurant that day, we were promptly attended and the food came after a short wait. The dishes offered are focused on the local cuisine and the vegetarian options (as well as the gluten-free ones) are flagged on the menu. We ate a quinoa casserole, a tagliatelle with roquefort sauce, and a quinoa and cheese empanada, which costed a total of 217 pesos (around $ 15), a very fair price.

The place is clean, doesn't accept credit cards and offers WiFi. The guy was very kind allowing us to leave our backpacks there in order to walk around the town in the afternoon. I would definitely go there again.

Pros: Delicious food, Super friendly staff, Vegetarian dishes flagged on the menu

Cons: Not very suitable for vegans

good food, lovely place - would go again - Edit

we went there at about 8:30 pm on a Friday night - there were a few locals eating and watching a football game (not loud though). the waitess was very friendly and spoke enough English to explain the menu (which was in English and Spanish) we were served bread and pickled vegetables while we were waiting for our food: goat's cheese with herbs for starters. then I had a quinoa vegetable stew which was vegan, one of my friends had a salad with quinoa and avocado (vegan) and a dish with creamy quinoa and a veg omelet with bread crumbs. The food was very good - the flavours of the veg came out clearly as there was little or no seasoning/spices (might be too bland for some people, but there was salt and white pepper as well as balsamico and olive oil). We paid about 600 pesos including drinks.
only downside: we were too full to have desserts :)
We went there the next morning (they opened at 10 am that Saturday) to get some empanadas to go: filled with quinoa and goat's cheese, they were fried. delicious!

Pros: location (centre), atmosphere, staff

Cons: not entirely vegan

Return to Humahuaca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pacha Manka closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.