P'aa Restaurant Lounge

Contact +43-732776461

Altstadt 28, Linz, Austria, 4020

Restaurant and louge. Lacto-vegetarian with a few vegan dishes. Has a daily menu (lacto-veg). Restaurant and bar is non-smoking, but possible to smoke outside. Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:30pm, Mon-Fri 5:30pm-12:00am

Category: Lacto, International, Macrobiotic, Organic, Beer/Wine

First Review by Tara HD

Delicious.. - Edit

They have a lot of vegan options and everything is very tasty. My only comment is that a lot of their vegan dishes are with soy and imitating meat. That is not necessary to my opinion. Nevertheless, everytime I am there, it is delicious.

Relaxing atmosphere, food rather bland - Edit

What I really like about the P'aa is the beautiful restaurant and the relaxing atmosphere inside. All of the items are vegetarian, many are vegan. They use mock products for many of the vegan items like vegan duck or vegan gyros. The food is rather expensive (12.50€+ for main meals) in the evening, there are a bit more reasonably priced items for lunch. I ate there twice and both times the food tasted rather bland (although I had the Indian mixed platter and that really could have used more spices in general).

Pros: completely vegetarian, many vegan option, nice atmosphere

Cons: food bland, expensive

So-so - Edit

Maybe my expectation were too high after reading the reviews here. The food was original, but so salty that it was hard to taste anything else.

Vegan and glutenfree really has to be checked extra and emphasized, staff unhelpful. More vegan options would be nice and fresh juices as well.

Pros: Original meals, Cosy setting, Central location

Cons: Unhelpful staff, No fresh drinks, Food too salty

Nice Location*Good Quality*Tasty - Edit

This restaurant is famous in Linz. You can come with the whole family. Everybody will be satisfied with the meals. They have a lot of vegan meals. They are marked with a star. I will come back definitely!

Pros: Quality, Many Different Choices, Friendly

Cons: Not Cheap, Reservation Recommended

still not boring after years! - Edit

I worked several years in Linz and was glad to be as near to go for lunch several days a week here.
I love this cooking. Meals got never boring, because they change regulary. Some classics of course stay within the carte.

Pros: tasty, friendly, organic

Yumm! - Edit

I was absolutely blown away by the chocolate "chicken", I've never had anything like it before.
The place itself is very central and also sells organic groceries.

Pros: big portions, interesting dishes, located in the city center

Creative wide-ranging (but difficult to read) menu - Edit

Very creative and well-thought-out offering that failed to meet expectations. Everything was good, but nothing was spectacular. Too much of an emphasis on fake meats and white rice. Sauces are interesting but unimpressive.

Reading the menu is a real challenge since all ingredients are listed in detail. Many vegan and gluten-free items are well marked, but not always correctly, so be sure to double check.

Beautiful and relaxing surroundings with very helpful and friendly staff. Worth a visit, you won't leave hungry.

Pros: Pleasant ambience, Friendly, helpful staff, Many vegan and gluten-free options

Cons: Too much fake meat, Good, but not spectacular

Going vegan! - Edit

If you like vegan food, the p'aa definitely is your place to go! The owner is constantly expanding the vegan choices on the menu, with the rest of the meals being vegetarian. Unfortunately most of the times only one vegan dessert is offered, but I hope they'll also start veganizing other desserts as well.

On weekends I strongly recommend to book a table for dinner.

My favorite starter are the delicious handmade dim sum which fill you up already, but leaves some space for a great veggie steak with potatoes.

UPDATE:

Unfortunately they partially seem to use convenience products in their menus which is an absolute no-go for a restaurant in this price range! this said i deduct two cows from my original rating.

Pros: great food, non-smoking, quiet

JohannesBraun dear dr snuggles79

thank u for ur honest critics.
we are sad, that you deduct 2 cows from your original rating because of using convenience.

convenience-products are always used in our house. since the first day. we are not able to make veg-steaks and other glutein or soy-protein-products in such a good and tasty qualitiy as the specialists in germany and taiwan.

so, it is normal, to buy them.
by the way, the veggie steak, that you liked in your posting, is a convenienceproduct as well.

if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. contact us anytime: [email protected]

thank u very much, have a nice day!
hannes braun, p´aa restaurant delights

When in Linz....go Vegan at P'aa - Edit

Just had a fantastic Vegan lunch a P'aa in Linz. I had Thai Curry with "chocolate" seitan and Lars had Indian Curry. So good, best vegan food we've had since we left home and I think this restaurant could hold it's own in the US...very creative vegetarian and vegan food. The owner is Vegan. Our waitress Lisa was sweet and helpful with the menu which of course was in German!

Pros: Creative, Healthy , Vegan

Cons: So much food too much

Excellent vegan and vegetarian food - Edit

This is one of the best vegetarian restaurants I've ever been to (and I've been to many). I have eaten there very often and most of the time the food has been excellent (with rare exceptions). There are always several vegan options though often only one vegan dessert.

Unfortunately, the staff is sometimes a little inattentive.

Pros: excellent food, nice ambiance

Cons: sometimes inattentive staff

Return to Linz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has P'aa Restaurant Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2271 times since Aug 2007.