First Review by mikebinos

Very nice location! - Edit

I went there to eat for the first time a few weeks ago as they had so many good reviews on Happycow. I took the formule : one soup, one dish and one drink (I took a delicious glas of organic and fair trade wine) for 16€. It was all vegan and it was really delicious! Then I visited their food shop, bough vegan mayonnaise and a lot of chocolate, and also took a look at their non-food shop, where I could see they had very interesting things. I will certainly go back soon!

Pros: most of the food is vegan and excellent, they also have a interesting shop (food/non)-food), people are friendly and the place is cozy

Cons: I don't know what cons I would write here

Big portions! - Edit

Great food (inside a fairtrade store), big portions, very friendly staff. The man who works there is originally Italian and also speaks at least English and Spanish. He has never heard of HappyCow and was very happy when I told him about the great reviews here. He told me that everything can be made vegan if it isn't vegan already, so tell him your preferences when ordering. It can get a little crowded, but waiting for a table is definitely worth it!

Pros: delicious food, big portions, vegan friendly

Cons: can get crowded

I'm stuffed! - Edit

Really nice cozy little place within a fair-trade store. Even though it's inside the store, the atmosphere is really nice. The staff was very sweet. I had the daily lunch special, which was soup and a bowl of whole-grain rice with a vegetable curry-ish creation. It was delicious, huge, and I'm stuffed!!!

Yummy daily veggie dishes - Edit

Every day (except on Sunday) Ozfair offers a very yummy daily vegetarian dish. You can opt for a menu including soup and a dessert or take each dish separately. You can take away any meal as well. There is indoor seating (often very busy) and some outdoor tables/ chairs as well. The atmosphere is very nice, it's at the same time a fairtrade store, so you eat inside the store. There are vegan dishes every now and then, but best is to call ahead to be sure.

Pros: Healthy cuisine, very good value, friendly stuff

Cons: Often busy, Small tables

Great food and shop! - Edit

Ozfair is in a great location not too far from Midi/Zuid station. The dish of the day was huge with various grains and salads; a very colorful plate was presented to us with beetroot, carrots, cucumbers, etc. Served with amazing bread (can be a rarity in Brussels) that is apparently made at some sort of work-program for people with mental development disabilities (at least that's how the woman working there explained it). Not sure how often the bread is delivered but we ate there on a day that it was and it was fantastic. The seating is in the front of an organic shop with a good selection of chocolates, coffee, etc. I think Ozfair tops even Den Teepot for shop-cum-veggie-cafes in Brussels.

Return to Brussels Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ozfair closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.