Outer Banks Taco Bar

Contact 252-261-8226

3723 N Croatan Hwy (at Ocean Plaza), Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, USA, 27949

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub atmosphere. Offers veggie choices many of which could be made vegan upon request. Has falafel. hummus pita and wrap, Costa Rican rice dish, housemade black bean burger. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Cuban, Non-veg

First Review by cnclewis

Amazing vegan food! - Edit

My husband and I just had a delicious lunch at the Outer Banks Taco Bar! I had the best black bean burger that I have ever had with yucca fries and a tasty dipping sauce. He had an incredible chef created tamale with Mexican rice, beans and plantains. The chef is vegan and has a great talent, besides being a very sweet guy. If you get to Kitty Hawk in the Outer Banks, you must go! Thanks to Happy Cow for letting us know about this restaurant~

Pros: excellent food, very friendly, knowledgable staff, large portions

Cons: only found in Kitty Hawk!

Yummy Black Bean Burger & Yuca Fries! - Edit

I loved the Housemade Black Bean Burger, Yuca Fries, Guacemole and Sweet Plantains. Both the burger and fries were highly seasoned. This was my first time trying yuca and I was delighted with this vegetable. My non-vegan kids liked the black beans that came as a side dish with their meals, which is saying a lot! My only complaint was how greasy the food is.

Pros: Unique fries: yuca!, Across the street from Zen Pops

Cons: Food is very greasy

WOWZA - Edit

I do not think I can speak better about this place, to be honest. The food is INCREDIBLE. The corn tortillas are made in house and you can tell, they are so soft and taste perfect. The veggies for the veggie tacos were everything I could dream of. These were the greatest tacos I have had. Also, the salsa bar is pretty awesome. I love the pickled carrots and the jalapeños.

Excellent Lunch! - Edit

We visited here for lunch based on Happy Cow reviews & had a great lunch! Must food is prepared on site & the server could tell us in detail what each item contained. My husband had a black bean burger pattie that was used to replace beans in a burrito. I had a black bean burrito with a vegan slaw that was delicious. There was a fixings bar with salsa, various veggies, & a selection of hot sauces. We left stuffed full of delicious vegan food. Outer Banks Taco Bar will be one of our regular stops on future visits to the Outer Banks!

Pros: Plentiful & tasty food, Reasonable prices, Knowledgeable server

Cons: No guacamole during our visit

These are the tacos you are looking for. - Edit

Hand made corn tortillas and black beans cooked to perfection. Good for vegans.

I went out of my way to come here because of the other reviews, and I am glad I did. This is what Happy Cow is for: finding good, unique vegan options.

Casual atmosphere.

Pros: Hand made corn tortillas, Black beans cooked to perfection, unique, artisan food

Cons: none

Very good! - Edit

My husband had the black been tacos and I had the black been burger. My toddler even ate their beens and rice! That is really saying something!

Everything was very yummy. We were starving after a long car trip and the food came quick and tasted great.

omg yum! - Edit

Found this place on Happycow, staying in the obx for two weeks and decided to check it out. It's kind of a dive, food was amazing. There were two guys running the place, and gave great service and amazing food. I got the vegetable tacos, and chips with guac. Maybe the best tacos Iv had in awhile. But there's plenty of vegan options. Corn tacos, corn chips.

YES! - Edit

Dude! Where do I begin? I got lucky to have met one of the waiters of this place at a near by cafe. He let me know this taco bar has TONS of vegan options and explained how they are cooked. Some days they have vegan dough which they use for empanadas. This place is a real treat for vegans! I got the veggie tacos with rice & beans, loaded with toppings from the salsa bar. Yucca fries are a MUST try! Ask them with the chimichurri black bean dip. Sooooo good.

Pros: vegan friendly, price, delicious

Super good food - Edit

This is a great place for (Mexican) food in the Outer Banks! Delicious rice and beans, wonderful flavors. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is laid back and comfortable. Plenty of options for vegan and carnivore preferences. Draft beer available and local reading material :)

Pros: yummy, vegan chef

Great find! - Edit

We were making our way to Wash DC from SF and always wanted to see OBX. One of the Happy Cow listings was closed for the season, so we went searching nearby. We found OBXTB and thought, "hey, rice and beans, no problem!" When we walked in, we were met by the chef in a very cool pub kind of atmosphere. When we said we were vegan, he smiled and said, "So am I!" We knew we were in for a great meal. He told us that there were several items on the menu that already were vegan, and that just about anything could be vegan-ized with grilled veggies instead of flesh. Always great to see the movement expanding.

Pros: Almost unlimited vegan options, Great pub vibe, Good beer and wine

Cons: Serves meat, Serves cheese

Return to Kitty Hawk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Outer Banks Taco Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.