Out of This World

• Health-food-store Health Store
+44-115-9431311

Villa Street, Beeston, Nottingham, England

Independent organic supermarket selling organic fruit and vegetables, dairy, and bakery goods in addition to vitamins, special diet, gluten free, and more. Now owned by the previous managers, as of 2009. Also a second location in centre of Leeds. Open Mon-Wed 9:00am-6:00pm, Thu-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by otherside27

I'm now shopping elsewhere! - Edit

VERY disappointing! Such a shame.
I WAS a regular customer at OOTW for several years. Whilst some staff were almost always very helpful, some were certainly not!

Just before Christmas, I placed my regular order over the phone, and, after discussing the ingredients of an additional product, as I could not order the item I wanted, as they said that they couldn't find it in their suppliers catalogues, and 'was I sure it existed?' I placed the order.
My mother chased across the city to collect and pay for what I had ordered. The woman took my list from her, returning with the products, but not the list. I was unable to check what mum came back with, due to severe illness. When I asked her to cook it for me, we discovered that a completely different pizza had been sent! (One I said that I 'did not want' due to the ingredients!) Mum usually checks against the list, especially as OOTW have given her out of date yoghurts before (and very grudgingly exchanged them), AND they tried to give her a product with milk in, having discussed my allergy to milk not seconds before!
When I rang OOTW about the pizza, not once did ANYONE say 'sorry'! They simply SHOUTED at me and denied any and all responsibility, saying that I should have checked, after initially denying that I had ever discussed the ingredients with anyone!
I would have continued shopping there, had they simply said "sorry" and "we'll try to ensure that your orders are correct and try not to let it happen again".
They were the only place I knew that I could get the Vegan Amy's Kitchen Lasagne and Sojade yoghurts. Not anymore, thanks to the internet!

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-03

Pros: Stocked my favourite vegan lasagne , SOME of the staff very polite and helpful. , Used to be able to order items not usually stocke

Cons: Owner was very unpleasant and nasty. , Sold me out of date food on more than o, Ordered items weren't always put aside.

Great selection of imported vegan goodies - Edit

As other reviewers have said, this is a great supermarket for vegans! A good selection of essential food items, toiletries, cosmetics, cleaning products and lots of imported goods that can't be found in larger supermarkets.
Highlights include, vego bars, many types of vegan cheese (violife, follow your heart, cheezly, tofutti), tofurky sausages, frys products and booja booja icecream.

Based on the way restaurants are ranked on Happy Cow, I've given this 4 stars, since Out of This World does sell meat and dairy. I also accidentally bought some snacks that contained honey as they were next to some similar looking vegan snacks, so you do have to do some label checking (although many vegan products are marked vegan, which is handy).

Pros: vego bars, lots of vegan meats, many brands of vegan cheese

Cons: sells meat and dairy products

favourite shop in Nottingham! - Edit

This supermarket has a wide array of groceries, everything your vegan heart might desire. From the basics to a good selection of convenience foods and cosmetics, cleaning products, hygiene products. You can also buy nuts per weight.
Even though the choice of fresh produce is not that big, they do have seasonal organic foods which is really nice.

They also have a fruit and veg box delivery service.

I tried the toasted coconut covered marshmallows of their home brand - absolutely delicious! my first marshmallows in 5 years!

Updated from previous review on Thursday December 03, 2015

Pros: wide selection, there's actual space between the aisles, nice people

Cons: sells animal products

Brilliant supermarket for veggies - Edit

Has variety of tofu, fresh organic veg, vegan cheese, all sorts of pulses and grains at good prices and minimal packaging, all the other stuff you'd want from a supermarket (inc alcohol!) and environmentally friendly toiletries. Friendly and helpful service - if you can't find what you want it is always worth asking. And you can park in what looks likes Sainsbury's carpark a few metres away - it's actually a public (free) car park.

Pros: Wide range of organic produce, Lovely staff

Friendly Service, stocks hard-to-find foods - Edit

I lived in Beeston for a while before I noticed this place whilst shopping at Sainsburys (it is opposite the supermarket) and decided to go in after I couldn't get the vegan products I wanted at the supermarket. Whilst OOTW does stock meat and non-veggi items there is a great range of vegan foods, chilled, frozen and storecupboard items and I managed to get powdered soymilk here for a trip abroad when I could find it nowhere else, and at a great price! The staff are really friendly and the place has a good atmosphere, nice to find vegan marshmallows occasionally too however they sell fast! Brilliant place to go to stock up for a vegan BBQ in the summer, even omnivores will appreciate the quality of foods you can buy here - down to the marshmallows! Recommended for vegans in the area :)

Pros: Large range, Good prices, Friendly staff

Cons: Stocks meat, Marshmallows sell too fast!

Return to Nottingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Out of This World closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2066 times.