Out of This World

• Health Store
Contact 0113-2441881

20 New Market Street (at opposite Corn Exchange), Leeds, England, LS1 6DG

Organic and natural food store with a deli and bakery inside. Stocks a wide range of health food products. Has alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, packaged dried food, chilled and frozen food, organic fruits and vegetables, vitamins, body care, natural cleaning products. Deli counter offers sandwiches and pastries along with vegan and gluten free cakes, some raw desserts.

First Review by louis

Try the Tofu Rosso burger! - Edit

I go there for my vegan sandwich slices, as they do quite a range of them, from VBites to Wheaty to Tofurky, and Violife of which they have the whole range I think! Also do some pasties, sandwiches and cakes - my favourite is the Tofu Rosso burger with cream cheese. The rest I find isn't that nice cold so you have to get back to a kitchen to heat up and eat. Cakes are a bit pricey for how small they are IMHO.

great choice - Edit

coming from germany were theres a vast number of organic stores all over i was still amazing with the choice in out of this world and many products i didnt know before.

Pros: great choice, good value

Good range of organics - Edit

Probably the best wholefood shop in Leeds. Mainly organic with a good range of locally produced food. Good deli counter of local food. Well stocked fridge cabinet. Limited range of fresh veg.
On the negative side it is very small, and congested when it is busy - which is most of the time.

Amazing deli counter - Edit

A great little minimarket for all your vegan/cruelty free needs.

Personally I go here for the cakes and the homemade wraps.

So tasty and so much vegan choice.

Pros: Choice, Homemade

Best health store in centre of Leeds - Edit

A great range of products (food and non-food items) and at prices I think are good value and reflect the high quality of the products.
I didn't try anything from the counter, but it all looked fresh and very tempting. I hope they stay in business as there isn't anywhere else in the city centre that is as good for buying healthy, veggie supplies. Only wish they could expand!!!!

Pros: Friendly, no pressure environment, Great range of products

Cons: Wish they could expand!

Veggie Paradise with Flaws - Edit

Wonderful shop with an astonishing range of food, groceries and ethical cosmetics and toiletries. Always worth checking out the special offers and the fridge section mark down prices. Mind you, some of the reductions can be a bit of a joke. Pennies rather than pounds. There are usually some organic beers on so-called special offer at the counter that have somehow creeped up in price from £1.99 to £2.69 in a very short space of time. Not really that much of a special offer but we all get drawn in by the nice orange sign purporting to be one. Large selection of confectionery, and a deli counter with sos-mix rolls, onion bhajis, vegan cakes, cupcakes and flapacks. Please note, you've just got to make sure that you buy any of these before 16:30 as they put everything away and point blank refuse to get them back out even though they are just kept boxed under the main fridge or just in the little room directly behind the counter. They lost out on a big sale on 14th December 2013 as we were going to buy a load of cakes and sos-mix rolls for a small house party. Best veggie shop by far in Leeds though.

Pros: lots of types of tofu, special offers, bargain section

Cons: disniterested staff

The main and best organic shop in Leeds! - Edit

I have to admit the only time I go there is to get the cheap deals in the shop, available, why because everybody knows organic food is extremely expensive...
Ootw is not all organic btw, it sells a bit of everything, from fake meat to fruits and veg and take away food such as veggie savoury pies and cakes made by the chestnut tree bakers... I particularly like buying my eggs from there because they come from somewhere in Yorkshire and are bigger than the normal ones from supermarkets. I love the bread they sell, so yummy! And again local... They also sell sprouted grain bread which is great when you want to have bread but stay healthy! Lovely toasted with avocados! I also love the teas they sell there... really big range of different nice brand teas... Sometimes they have cheap veg such as spinach ( all local of course!) and kale. Cheap sprouts as well... And they have nice offers like cheap soap that smell wonderful, (they have a long make up list, not tested on animals...), biodegradable pads and toiletries, all sorts, vitamins, creams, shower gels, and also kitchen products, washing up liquid, etc...
Really this shop has everything and it is great they do deals, like half price sometimes... MOst of the products are organic and fair-trade. Just keep going and look for what they have on offer... I do spend more than I intend to whenever I go to Out of this World but this is me!

Pros: central, has regular deals and offers, wide range of products

Cons: overall expensive, closes at 6pm!, staff is a bit stressed and unfriendly

Veg* paradise - Edit

A friend who lives in Leeds recommended it to me, and I've really loved it!
I went there shortly before they closed, so I got my Sandwich much cheaper, and believe me... I would have paid twice the amount for that lovely sandwich :D
Although it's a rather small shop their product range is huge, or at least it was to me :)
They have a lot of vegan books as well, even some local ones!
Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Vegan heaven, great prices (many special offers)

Amazing vegan chocolate cake. - Edit

Extensive health food shop, great for daily vegan needs, as well as special treats. Fresh vegan cakes are delicious, and there are some fun posters for sale on natural remedies, seasonal vegetables and dog care. Well worth a visit.

Pros: Vegan cake, Vegan make up, Herbal remedies poster

Out of this World - Edit

Cooperative supermarket stocking wide range of products, with emphasis on fairtrade. Plenty of vegetarian and vegan foods to choose from in chiller and on shelves. There was more than the typical offerings available with a number of vegan products I hadn't seen before. Lots of other products, cleaning and personal care etc too. Small alcohol section. Has a deli counter with vegan savoury and sweet items and the sandwich I had was terrific. Conveniently located in the city centre, opposite the corn exchange. Home delivery of organic fruit and veg boxes to local addresses. Open 9am-6pm Monday to Saturday.

Pros: wide product range with new stuff, pleasant staff, great deli food

Cons: website says they sell organic meat, could be open longer some nights

Return to Leeds Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Out of This World closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3451 times since Oct 2007.