First Review by smoorenc

Great Place For Vegans! - Edit

Unlike some restaurants, this one knows what vegan food is. They have a vegetarian and vegan menu and you can request to make one of their vegetarian sandwiches vegan by omitting cheese and asking for the vegan bread. I'm definitely going to come back here.

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Vegetarian Friendly, Tasty

Wonderful! - Edit

I went to lunch here with my sister and had an artichoke heart panini press, which was delicious. They had lots of other vegetarian options on the menu too. Also a great beer selection.

Pros: Delicious food, Vegetarian options, Friendly staff

Cons: Small space, Crowded

One Day's Tempeh reuben sandwich - Edit

I stopped in here for lunch after almost two weeks at the International Center for Meditation and Well-Being. I was exploring the college part of town. It was crowded but I got seated right away at the counter. The host was so friendly and the menu looked inviting, varied and veg-friendly. I immediately ordered the tempeh reuben sandwich with fresh fruit on the side. It was excellent and I felt so comfortable there that I had conversations with everyone, including the people in line for the restroom.

It's great to find a place that gives you a good experience, even in a town you don't know very well and haven't visited in years.... I would recommend Our Daily Bread for vegetarians and carnivores and omnivores alike. Prices were reasonable, service was fast and friendly, etc.

Pros: excellent food, friendly, fast service, healthy, varied menu choices

Our Daily Bread - Edit

One of the first non-traditional restaurants in our small area, Our Daily Bread has served interesting and delicious food for several decades. The menu recently has become even more vegetarian/vegan friendly. The food is always delicious both the 'old' standbys and the daily specials.

Pros: Delicious food, Interesting specials

Cons: The service can be a bit slow

Great food over comes the bad service. - Edit

My wife and I ate here in late November 2007. First The food at lunch time was fantastic. We each got the veggie chili and then a veggie sandwich to split. We liked them both very very much. That was the best chili either of us have ever had. The bread used on the sandwich tasted like it ws made that morning it was so fresh.
The micro brewed beer choice was good too. They even had a seasonal "Pumpkin Ale" that my wife liked.
Getting someone to service us at our table wasn't so easy, and they only stopped by to give us our food. I had to go up to the counter 2 times, once to get someone to take out order after waiting about 15 minutes and another time to get another beer.
The food is the saving grace of this restaurant. I would eat here again, but make sure you aren't in a rush or concerned about service. If the service was better I would have given it 5 happy cows.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good prices

Cons: Poor Service, Poor Service, Poor Service

Return to Boone Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Our Daily Bread closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1878 times since Aug 2007.