Otto's Restaurant

+44-1142669147

344 Sharrow Vale Rd, Sheffield, England, S11 8ZP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Making Moroccan and Mediterranean food since 2008. Various veggie and vegan options available daily and marked on the menu, including dessert. Live piano music at weekends. Feb 2017, now has a separate vegan menu - ask. Open Tue-Sat 5:00pm-11:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Moroccan, Non-veg

First Review by Packham

Hidden gem - Edit

Awesome vegan menu, plenty of choice on both the menu and specials board. Friendly, attentive and thoughtful staff. Look forward to visiting again. The pate starter was excellent!

Pros: Yummy food, Fantastic staff, Cosy setting

Cons: Teeny bit expensive, Toilets are a bit tired looking

Superb - Edit

Been meaning to try Otto's for ages and since it was my birthday I chose to go and sample their vegan menu. Great menu and friendly hosts. They are happy to experiment with vegan options and try new ideas so just let them know or give them a call in advance. I had falafels to start which were spot on, vegetable filo parcel which was absolutely delicious and an almond chocolate cake with soya cream which was nice, but not as nice as my husband's chocolate tart with custard. Even got a homemade vegan chocolate at the end of the meal. We'll definitely be going back to try some of the other options pretty soon.

Pros: Solid vegan menu, Excellent food, Attentive, friendly hosts

OttosSheffield 23 May 2017 - Hello!

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Otto loves to experiment with food and Moroccan cooking doesn't use much dairy so it can easily be adapted to vegan. We also firmly believe that everyone should have a choice when eating out rather than being grudgingly told they can have one dish! (We are not vegan but for years have refused to eat anything with gelatine and this has happened to us).

We hope to see you again soon at Otto's (when the lentil and hazelnut pate should be available). Thank you once again.

Theresa and Otto

Delicious food, knowledgable staff - Edit

After the good reviews on the Sheffield veggie/vegan Facebook group, we tried out Otto's on a Friday and it was amazing. Zaalouk and falafel to start (okay we had tomato garlic bread too) and then the vegetable filo parcel for main.

I don't normally have dessert, but as there was a vegan sticky toffee pudding on the specials I felt it my duty... :) even got a vegan chocolate to finish.

It wasn't just the food quality and options, it was the friendly and knowledgable staff that really made it. Such a change to normal experiences eating out - even being asked if we had any dietary requirements rather than having to raise it and feel you're making a fuss, was a welcome change!

Would highly recommend, I tried to give this place 5/5 but as it also serves meat I'm not able to. Great if you have a mixed group of dietary requirements.

Pros: knowledgable staff , vegan friendly, delicious food

Return to Sheffield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Otto's Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.