Otaku Lounge

n/a

Eisenbahnstraße 27, Saarbrucken, Germany, 66117

Serves meat, vegan options available. Place for Japan enthusiasts: for playing computer and video games, reading Japanese comic books, and eating Japanese food. Vegan options include several appetizers, a curry rice dish, and a vegan lunch special consisting of curry doria or curry rice, tofu with ginger, soya sauce & leek, plus a drink of your choice. Occasionally has vegan desserts. Open Tue-Thu 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 2:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by VegiAnna

Yummy Japanese food in unique ambience - Edit

This is a truly unique place with its adjacent long, narrow hall full for playing video games. The manga theme is omnipresent and you can doubtlessly spend hours in there playing video games or reading comic books either in the original Japanese version or the German translation, if you´re an "otaku."
Me, however, I just went there for the food. I had two appetisers, the veggie croquette, which was warm and tasty, and the dumpling with pumpkin ragout, which was well-seasoned and thus left a pleasantly warm feeling in my stomach. The waitress and the cook were very attentive. I quite liked it there even though I would have found the music a little too loud if I had been there with a friend. Instead of a wasteful paper napkin you get a moist cloth napkin, a little detail which I appreciated very much.

Pros: Several tasty vegan options, Unique concept, Friendly and attentive staff

Cons: Not completely vegan, Nothing is organic

Return to Saarbrucken Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Otaku Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.