Oscar and Rosies

+44-1159361983

7-9 Thurland St, Nottingham, England, NG1 3DR

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local pizzeria, moved here in 2015 from inside Das Kino bar. Has vegan cheese, and added a vegan dessert in Mar 2016.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by Marie88

One of my faves - Edit

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Nottingham. The staff are friendly, the beers are labelled and with the permanent vegan menu there's always something to eat ?

Average at best. - Edit

Despite the size of these pizzas being much heftier than other places I've been to that offer vegan alternatives, I felt that it was definitely lacking. I first got brought out the omni version of the pizza I had - despite clarifying that I definitely wanted the vegan option - and had to wait until everyone else had pretty much finished until I got my food. I found the cheese to definitely be lacking, as it was dotted around the pizza in squares as opposed to grated and covering the whole thing, and the rest of the toppings to be sparse. Admittedly the fakon was delicious, and I will go back at some point as it could have just been a one-off bad experience, I just think that had I had to pay for what I received (my pizza was removed from the bill due to the mix-up) I would have definitely been disheartened.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, toppings are delicious, a

Cons: Clarify that you are vegan as they may get mixed u

Huge pizzas & nice beer! - Edit

What's helpful about Oscar & Rosie's is that is labels the drinks menu, as well as having a separate vegan menu with vegan cheese. We've tried a few but my favourite pizza is always the Tyrannasaurus Veg! I agree with people who say the pizza is huge, we normally share one between two with some wedges.

Pros: tasty pizza, friendly staff, clearly labelled alcohol

Will definitely be coming back! - Edit

My first experience of vegan cheese - really good! We shared 2 pizzas between 3 of us (in the evening - big size) and had several slices left over. They provided a takeaway box for us to take the rest home, which was great! Delicious pizzas, lots of choice (including mock meat), friendly and helpful staff, relaxed environment. They even do a loyalty card (free pizza after 10 stamps), and take bookings.

Pros: Big, tasty pizzas!, vegan options

Massive vegan pizzas - Edit

The standard pizza size is 14 inches (35cm) which is enormous, and in the evenings that's the only size they do, so you need to share a pizza (seriously, you can't finish one yourself - tried several times). The vegan cheese is Violife, which isn't as good as the MozzaRisella at Zizzis (5 minutes away), but they do vegan cheesecake here too and it's seriously good! This is an indie place but service is good. They do giant metre long pizzas too if you're in a group - it fills the table and you all tuck in!
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 03, 2016

Scrumptious Pizza - Edit

We visited Oscar and Rosie's around Halloween and were impressed with the pizzas. A small selection already labelled vegan however staff are happy to swap toppings to suit. The base is the nicest I have tasted so far. Atmosphere is really welcoming with a relaxed vibe. Staff are very friendly and happy to accommodate.

Pros: lovely pizza, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere

best vegan pizza ever - Edit

I Love this place. The 14" pizza's are huge but so good I always eat the whole thing. They also do a £5 lunch pizza that is 7". The place is very trendy. Staff are friendly. Food is fresh and locally sourced.

Pros: vegan cheese, fresh

Cons: only one veg option

Return to Nottingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oscar and Rosies closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.