First Review by RandiLV

Fed with meat scraps... - Edit

The place seemed to be ok in the beginning, not too friendly though. There were no separate vegan menu(at least it wasn't offered to me), but when I made my choices with tofu, (which were listed in regular menu) the waiter warned me that all vegan entries are going to be one dollar more! I'm vegan for five years, and this is my first time when I was charged actually more for vegan dishes!
My order was one soup and three stir-fries with tofu. Soup was tasty, stir fries were rather average. All added tofu was just chunks of tasteless deep-fried tofu, merely inedible. But the most terrible finding was some burned scraps of burned meat, presumably pork, I found in my eggplant stir-fry! I used to eat meat, and I know how the burned meat tastes, I couldn't garble it with something else: black burned meat scraps. Yuck... I think they don't bother to clean pans between orders, even though they charge extra for vegan meals preparation.

This place is neither vegan or vegetarian -friendly, I don't recommend it. There are plenty of pleces serving veg-friendly meals in Kona with grace: check on Thai and Indian restaurants along Alii drive.

Cons: Charge extra for vegan dishes, Pieces of burned meat in "vegan" dish

Consistantly Good Food - Edit

Vegan menu on request. I don't remember the name, but ask for the special flower that changes the water color to bright blue right before your eyes when you squeeze a lemon into it . My vegan favorites are Summer Rolls, Green Papaya Salad, and Vegetable Curry.

On a side note: they don't serve alcohol, but allow you to bring your own with no corkage fee.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent Food

Return to Kailua Kona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Original Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1021 times since Oct 2012.