Origen

Contact 787-812-0104

1306 Calle Campeche (at Calle Salud corner), Ponce, Puerto Rico, 00732

Cafeteria style place, offers a mix of veganized creole Puerto Rican entrees plus smoothies, acai bowls. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-6:00pm, Sat 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Puerto Rican

First Review by mfoy

Best place in Ponce. - Edit

This wonderful place is right on the corner intersection. Door is marked with organic and vegan. They will buzz you in and upon entering you'll be surprised to see how spotless it is inside. Origen offers a full hot food bar spread where you can pick and choose your options. I slammed a quinoa with beans, vegan chicken protein and salad. Did a side of taro root and a la croix seltzer. Reasonable price especially if you're vegan and on the hunt for a great meal on the south coast. Owner was super friendly and delightful to be around. Will come again every time!

Vegan Oasis in Paradise - Edit

I found Origen via this website on a drive across the island from San Juan to Rincón. It was the perfect spot to stop for lunch. I called ahead (as the review says to do!) and the owners were very friendly. We were arriving on the later side (around 3:00) and they wanted to ensure that there would be food for us when we arrived. When we got there, we were having a bit of trouble finding the location and they were also super helpful. The food was awesome even though we were sort of getting the leftovers. I had a some sort of veggie loaf with rice and beans, a delicious mushroom dish, a lovely green salad with fresh carrot and beet, some yuca, and even tried the chia seed pudding. Everything was good and it was refreshing to be in a restaurant that actually cares about vegan since I have found that many restaurants say they have vegan or vegetarian options when really, they do not care at all about serving vegans. This place is authentic and they CARE. The folks are sweet as can be. The only improvement that I would like to see is the use of real plates and forks vs plastic. Not sure what the reasoning is behind it but that would bring it up a notch for me. Still, I am giving them the highest rating because I adore them and the food was delicious. I am looking forward to going here again during a busy lunch time. Thank-you, Origen!

Pros: True Vegan Food, Excellent Service, Authentic Vegan Passion

Cons: Plastic Plates + Utensils

nice to find an all vegan restaurant in Ponce - Edit

Look for this place near the intersection of Salud and Compache - without a sign

Might call ahead for hours

Pros: very friendly staff and patrons, healthy and tasty choices

Cons: limited hours, not a huge menu , simple ambiance

Return to Ponce Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Origen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.