First Review by JK

Mediocre at best - Edit

None of the Himalayan (Tibetan) food is vegetarian or vegan, so I was stuck ordering from the Chinese food menu which was just typical Chinese food that you can order anywhere. The prices are very decent though and the service is FAST.

Pros: Fast and friendly service

Cons: Mediocre food

Not recommended - Edit

This was easily one of the worst meals I have ever had - that was seconded by meat eaters I was there with. A small "vegetarian" menu section includes spring rolls, and bird's nest (fried in the meat oil) and some other beancurd dishes that when asked to not have fried the waitress said "raw?". The hot and sour soup had a flavour that reminded me of Heinz baked beans and the beanncurd dish we had was flavourless and wet with about in inch of grey dish-like water at the bottom. The beancurd seemed to have been fried previously, and based on my stomach that night, it may have been with the chicken wings and spare-ribs. YUK!!!! Also make sure you ask for no oyster or fish sauce - maybe that's why it was so bland.

Pros: only place in town

Cons: most things fried in meaty oil, bland, not really veg "friendly"

Return to Belleville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oriental Wok and Himalayan Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 955 times since Aug 2007.