Organico

201-934-5511

495 N Franklin Tpk, Ramsey, New Jersey, USA, 07446

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic cafe and juice bar inside a health food store. Mostly vegan food and includes raw items like spaghetti and meatballs, desserts and snacks. Has tuna salad (vegan substitute available) and may use other non-vegan ingredients on occasion. Sample entrees such as Indian rice; bok choy with organic onion; forbidden black rice; happy bowls. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-7:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm. Juice Bar closes 30 minutes before closing, but you can still order smoothies.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Ellenkm

Fantastic vegan food, and lots of it - Edit

Although this place, like many vegan places, serves some non-vegan food in order to stay in business, it is for all practical purposes a vegan joint.

We arrived with four adults and two young children and had a feast. There were three really delicious hot vegan entrees on the pay-per-weight buffet, plus rice. There were many prepared salads and other vegan options easy to grab. If I came here regularly, I would have had the salad, but since it was my first time, and I'm only in the area about once a month, I had the hot entrees.

And then there was a terrific raw vegan section. The desserts looked amazing, we tried several of them (yum), and there were also raw vegan entrees. As is common with raw vegan, these were more expensive than the regular vegan options.

We tried several different juices and smoothies, all were made fresh and organic. And since it's also a health food store, we did a little general-purpose shopping for our cabinets at home.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they had enough staff to keep things moving along. The sitting area was plenty comfortable for our six people, plus several other parties.

I plan to come here on my future visits to the area, what a find for a vegan!!

Pros: Excellent vegan food, Friendly and knowledgeable staff, Nice atmosphere---plenty of windows

good local place - Edit

If you like juices, smoothies, or quick vegan food, Organico is the place to go. Tables for lunch, and good organic coffees in the morning. The homemade raw food is terrific.

Return to Ramsey Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Organico closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.