Organic Plus

Serves meat, vegan options available. Address is 中央区南三条西6-1-3 ティアラ36ビル1F. Organic + is an Italian restaurant that offers an extensive tapas and pasta menu with vegan, macrobiotic, and vegetarian items marked. Stylish decor, has English menu. Operating since Jan 2013. Closes every 2nd Sunday of the month. Open Tue-Sat 5:30pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Sun 5:30pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by beroccstar

Really good vegan options! - Edit

The Daikon Avocado was amazing. The bread and olive oil was Amado really good. The wait staff were friendly and helpful. They gave me an English menu with vegan optiobs clearly marked.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, very tasty, English menu wi

Beyond expectations - Edit

Sapporo isn't the easiest place in Japan to find vegan or vegetarian food. Of course the Happy Cow came to the rescue, but our expectations were low. And when arriving at Organic Plus I still wasn't excited. The restaurant is small, with only four or five tables. Organic Plus looks more like a bar than a restaurant. Because the tables were all full, we had to sit at the bar and so I expected even less.

The menu is available in Japanese and English and when reading about the options, we got very excited. The meals differ from other vegetarian restaurants and look highly original!

We started with the "fish & chips", vegan style. The fish is tofu with a layer of nori which makes it look like fish skin. The chips is chips, but with vegan mayo dip (which actually tastes better than egg based mayo!). Great start.

Next was the "steak", which in fact is grilled avocado stacked on top of grilled daikon, garnished with exactly the right herbs and a touch of sauce. Well done, but it does not nearly look or taste like steak (while the fish and chips was a great imitation).

Our favourite was the brown rice croquette, filled with tasty brown rice and beans. Based on the review by chocoholicPhilosophe we ordered the miso avocado which indeed is delicious (and because she forgot to take a picture, I did).

Being so happy with all the little dishes we ended with vegan tiramisu which was also very good. The whole meal cost 5,000 yen which isn't cheap but considering the excellent quality is't a fair price. Everything tasted right, was presented beautifully and all the recipes are highly original.

Pros: tastes good, looks good, original

Cons: not cheap, sit at bar if tables are full

Excellent food - Edit

I came here with a Japanese omni friend, and we both really enjoyed the food.

It was (literally) well below freezing outside, so I started with a hot (mulled) wine to help me thaw, which I very much enjoyed.

My friend and I ordered 4 dishes between us to share off the izakaya menu. Note that if you order items off the izakaya menu, you should expect the size to be fairly small, as izakaya dishes are not usually intended to be enough for one person - and you shouldn't expect them to come out all at once either, they're intended for sharing.

We had the soy-meat zangi (a vegan version of a local chicken speciality), the millet "fish" and chips, croquettes, and miso baked avocado. It was all delicious, but the stand out was definitely the miso baked avocado, which I unfortunately forgot to photograph.

We then rounded out the meal with dessert - a fruit crumble for me, and tiramisu for my friend. These weren't quite so stand-out, but were still very tasty.

We left feeling satisfied but not overfull - the amount of food was about right.

Although the meal wasn't cheap by Japanese standards, considering that we had alcohol, a range of mains, and dessert, the price (about $30 a head from memory) was very reasonable to my Australian sensibilities.

Pros: English menu available, Vegan items clearly marked, Delicious

Cons: On the expensive side for Japanese food

Decent vegan food in the nightlife area - Edit

Organic+ was my first real exposure to macrobiotic food (which seems to be quite a thing in Sapporo), conveniently located in the Susukino area. I ordered soy-meat zangi (Hokkaido style fried 'chicken') and whilst it tasted delicious, the serving was pretty small. My (non-vegan) girlfriend ordered the fish, and it took her a while to realise that it was actually mock fish.

The atmosphere of the place was excellent, and the service was good. While the level of English spoken was limited, I was able to confirm that what I was ordering was definitely Vegan, and afterwards they even gave us a couple of Vegan biscuits as a gift.

Pros: Good food, Nice atmosphere, Convenient location

Cons: Small servings

Organic, stylish, yummy - Edit

We really enjoyed our dinner here. Lots of veggie options all clearly marked, good service and an upscale and yet cosy ambience that makes for good conversation and a nice night. Food was healthy and delicious. Wish we found it earlier, we would have been back!

Pros: organic, nice ambiance

Cons: not fully vegetarian

Return to Sapporo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Organic Plus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.