Organic Natural Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 541-773-2500

226 E Main St, Medford, Oregon, USA, 97501

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner food with some soymeat choices plus tofu and veggies. Has gluten-free. At the location of the now defunct Gorilla Bites.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Salad bar, Non-veg

First Review by rubyrose

Great menu for vegans, raw vegans, vegetarian - Edit

All their juices are fresh, organic raw juices. No ice, no fillers! Just vegetables and fresh fruit, and their salad bar is so immense, a raw vegan could dine exclusively here for all their meals and find variety and feel nourished. All vegan handcrafted dressings for their huge salad bar. Home made soups and desserts.

Vegan soups vary according to season, but Vegan Chili, Tomato-Basil, Roasted Beet with carrot and cabbage, Thai Carrot, Quinoa Corn Chowder, Pumpkin Tomato and Nettle Soup (made from nettles harvested in trade for organic kitchen scraps used for chicken feed and composting at a local farm) are recent offerings.

Breakfast is served til 11am. Pesto tofu scramble with organic country potatoes, organic steel cut oatmeal, and gluten-free pancakes are a few of the breakfast items on the menu.

They also carry gluten free and vegan cookies, vegan donuts, etc.

They do serve burgers, but their meat is locally sourced from Boyajian Ranch, and their cows are 100% grass-fed.

This cafe has a very casual, welcoming environment, and is extremely child friendly. A great place for vegans, raw vegans, vegetarians, and that odd guy out, who still eats met, but wants to make sure its organic and humanely raised.

Pros: nice vibe, clean food, great, local ingredients

Restaurant Review - Edit

Organic Natural Cafe is a great place to eat and hang out.... All organic foods... Great Salad Bar... just a little too much 'oil' though.... Wonder if cooks can do a ''DRY SAUTE'' instead of oil frying?

It's good to have options! - Edit

I have eaten here before with mixed reviews (meh to yum!) and was hoping for a good experience today as it's one of the few places in town where I can get veg food that's clearly marked as such.

My husband ordered the BBQ tofu sandwich and I had the veggie sandwich. Both were really well prepared, fresh and very good! The service was fast, but a bit unfriendly. None of the staff really smiled or seemed to enjoy being there which was disappointing. Also, we both had the side of veggie sticks and hummus, but noticed that the veggie sticks weren't very fresh (like they'd been cut up the day before and stored in the fridge).

All in all the experience was good. My meat eating husband loved his sandwich so much that he's going to try and recreate it at home. Yay for me!

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Tasty menu, Fast service

Cons: Indifferent staff

Excellent for Vegans! - Edit

In an area where vegan food is few and far between I eat here every chance I get. The chipotle burger is excellent and they use all vegan condiments so I don't have to skip the sauce. They have both a vegan patty and a tempeh patty to choose from. Also quite a few gluten-free products. Sweet potato fries are yummy too. And I haven't even tried the smoothies or salad bar yet!

Pros: Good VEGAN

Delicious food, Inconsistent Service - Edit

I've been eating at this restaurant since it was Grilla Bites. The menu has always been a dream & I adore the vegan food selections. Since becoming Organico's though, the service has become inconsistent, the hours are not as accommodating (a restaurant closed on Sundays?), and the menu is not as dependable (staple items like potato salad may or may not be available).

During my past two experiences with Organicos, there have been a number of service errors. On one visit, we specified "vegan" for our order but received it with mozzarella cheese. When we called, I was informed that I should have been more specific when ordering (despite the fact that the restaurant totes their "vegan" bakery & doughnuts) & then asked to check whether the "bacon" was soy or not. On the next visit, I took a friend from out of town there, & was disappointed when our soup was served cold, our orders were not correct, & the bills were all intermingled.

Overall, I'd love to see this restaurant improve these issues, as they really are one of the better vegan restaurants in town food-wise. Unfortunately, the service inconsistencies, hours of operation & lack of staff knowledge for vegan items is quite a let down.

Pros: A variety of vegan dishes & desserts, Hearty portions/Reasonable Price, Great Atmosphere

Cons: Some items not always available., Inconsistent Service, Staff Knowledge of "Vegan" is Subpar

Return to Medford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Organic Natural Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4042 times since Aug 2007.