Organic Garden Cafe

Contact 978-922-0004

294 Cabot St (at Route 62), Beverly, Massachusetts, USA, 01915

Vegan restaurant and juice bar. Large menu features appetizers, wraps, grain bowls with vegetable, desserts, beverages, and many living food dishes. Hosts food preparation classes, free lectures, and music events.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Catering

First Review by SbutterAMfly

Great food! - Edit

It's been a while since Organic Garden has rec'd a review. They are still there and doing well! I'm generally not a raw food person, but love Organic Garden. On my most recent visit, I tried the almond based corn chowder - thick and flavorful and the sampler plate with several selections from the menu - a great way to go when you have trouble deciding! (Photos Posted) There's plenty of street parking and you just follow the main street to get to downtown Salem, barely ten minutes away.

Pros: Corn Chowder, Sample Plate to try lots of stuff!

So wonderful. Unique, delicious offerings - Edit

I drove from my hotel in Woburn to check out this jewel. What a find!

Service was great. Kale chips taste like Brad's Raw Kale Chips in Cheez flavor. Carrot apply ginger juice was a little spicy, but so delicious! And to round out my meal, the Raw ravioli was way better than I imagined raw ravioli could be. Sweet and creamy, not too much beet flavor. The portion wasn't huge, but that's good since it was my third item. :)

Worth the drive!

Pros: Atmosphere is relaxing (mid-afternoon), Great service, Lots of variety

Cons: Parking

Pleasantly Surprised - Edit

I figured this wouldn't be able to compete with my vegan dining experiences in big cities but I was wrong. This was a great restaurant and worth a drive from Salem, if not even more than once. I had the sampler which was overflowing with food. The Cheezy burger plate was great and we enjoyed the kale chips. The cashew chai tea was like a warm hug on such a cold day. I had a raw bagel for take-away and I blown away by how similar it tasted to a baked good.. wowzers! Prices were what I would expect and I thought the servings were big. I took a bunch to go home. It is a fair warning that they won't have everything on their menu available, even their specials but everything that we ate was great. Highly recommended

really good food and good for you - Edit

good food. different options. they run out all the time so pick three things you want and HOPEFULLY they'll still have one (even though they started serving dinner a 1/2 hour ago). expensive, small portions, tiny uncomfortable seating and the feeling that you're not really wanted unless maybe you're a regular. all that being said I'll go back to... their food is really good and they have great raw, vegan deserts also.

Pros: good raw vegan food

Cons: expensive, uncomfortable environment, they run out of specials early

Try the sampler and the pizza!! - Edit

This is a great restaurant with a cool vibe and we went here on our raw tour of NE USA. There are quite a few options and I can highly recommend the Sampler plate as you get to try a bit of everything. We also had the cheez burger plate and the pepperoni pizza which looked amazing complete with raw pepperoni made from sun-dried tomatoes.

Pros: lots of raw options

Delicious! - Edit

I've been to Organic Garden twice now. This has been my only experience with raw vegan cuisine, and I love it! The meals are excellent, as are the desserts. I want to try everything on the menu. Everything is so tasty, and each dish is so unique. I've never had anything like it.

Pros: excellent food, unique options

Cons: small portions, expensive

Outstanding!!! - Edit

Went here for lunch with my mother who is a big meat eater and husband and had a delicious 3 course lunch. The Indian salad and dressing was really tasty, the salad fresh and delicious - the Vegetable Korma with onion relish was soooo good and dessert was just perfect - my mother couldn't believe how tasty and exotic raw food could be. We got a pizza to go, because the restaurant is more than 60 miles from where we live, but well worth the trip for lunch. My husband enjoyed a glass of wine, my mother had a beer and I had a fresh vegetable juice - everyone was happy. Wish there was one nearer to us, but will definitely make this a regular lunch or dinner spot.

Pros: Healthy, Fresh, Delicious

Unique but very expensive with small portions! - Edit

This was our first experience eating a fully raw meal, and we were pretty excited about trying it out. We split a cup of the raw soup of the day, which was an "unchicken noodle" soup (the "noodles" were zucchini strings), and we each ordered the nut butter squash ravioli with cashew alfredo sauce entree (made from fresh red beet 'shells' and garnished with roasted rosemary walnuts). See uploaded photos. While the soup was pretty unremarkable, the ravioli entree tasted delicious. BUT... It sure should have been, though, because you only got 8 little "ravioli," which were mimimally-stuffed, small beet slices for $15! Needless to say, we left Rawbert's very hungry after having shelled out $46 with tax and tip. Also, the place has a very crunchy-granola, laid back vibe -- which wasn't a great thing in this instance. Our water glasses never got refilled, and we were done with our entree by the time the waitress came by to see if we needed anything. When I go out to eat, I want to feel satisfied and satiated after eating my meal. Rawbert's left us pretty disappointed.

Pros: ravioli entree was good

Cons: expensive, tiny portions, inattentive waitstaff

Organic Garden Cafe: Delish! - Edit

I have been to the Organic Garden Cafe in Beverly several times, and have also brought several friends there, most of whom are not raw foodists. I myself love raw cuisine, but I am not even 25% raw, I am just too lazy :-) So when I checked this place out and found the atmosphere to be cozy and intimate, the food to be fresh, creative, and sooo delicious, and the prices to be gourmet-reasonable (think of how much more it costs to buy organic, fresh whole foods and spices, and the time involved in preparing raw feasts...) I was hooked! I am planning to go there again next week, and will bring friends. I recommend it, and can't wait to have another one of their cashew-milk cappuccinos. So good you want to lick out the cup to make sure you get it all!

Pros: ambiance, extensive menu, fresh & tasty

Much better than expected - Edit

We went here having read all the negative reviews and we only decided to go because it was our only local option. However it was fine, the food was decent, the corn chowder was lovely, we had tasty sandwiches and cakes and a smoothie each and it wasn't particularly expensive either.

My first raw food restaurant - Edit

Back in 2000 my DH and I visited the OGC and we just loved it. It was my very first experience eating in a raw foodery. I was hooked from the first bite. I met David Wolfe at the OGC and enjoyed my first young coconut. Memories I will cherish for ever!

Pros: healthy food, tastes amazing, wonderful people

Cons: none

Poor Experience - Edit

Long story short, the food is very expensive, and the owner who was our server/chef was rude. As for the actual food, it was ok, not good, and not $14 an appetizer good. I also left hungry, and with an $80 bill. Suffice it to say I do not recomend this restaraunt.

Pros: vegetarian

Cons: Expensive, Rude, Not Filling

I can make better food at home, for a lot less mon - Edit

A 100% raw friend and I (75% raw) came here, and were really disappointed in the quality of the food, as well as how well things are explained in the menu. It would be nice if the menu pointed out which dishes were 100% raw, so those of us who do not eat ANY cooked foods can find them easily. Not to mention the cost for the amount of food you get! A spring roll dish that comes with 2 spring rolls on a bed of greens costs $14! I'm planning on staying home and continuing to make my own raw meals.

Pros: nice environment

Cons: expensive, poor menu

Return to Beverly Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Organic Garden Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4075 times since Aug 2007.