CLOSED: Organic Connections Cafe

Contact 604-541-2199

15622 Marine Dr, White Rock, British Columbia, Canada,

Totally organic,vegan-friendly cafe. Beautiful setting with amazing sea views. Art and culture as well as great food. Raw options. Laid back, cozy atmosphere. Bookcase. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Fridays are open mic nights. APRIL 2013 REPORTED SHUT AND WILL RE-OPEN IN MAY UNDER ANOTHER NAME.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Raw, Salad bar, Juice bar

First Review by trufflepiggy

Great view, first experience was great. - Edit

I've eaten here 3 times now. I ordered the warm quinoa eat time. The first time was the best vegan meal I've ever had at a restaurant. The portion was quite big, loaded with vegetables and the sauce was excellent. The second time the food was good but the portion was smaller and the sauce wasn't the same, which I know changes every week. My son had the spaghetti and he really enjoyed it but again the portion was quite small. The raw pizza was also good but not enough to fill my husband up. The third visit was very disappointing. I think it was a different cook but not sure. The sauce was way too salty and they really skimped on the veggies. For $15 I felt cheated. I'm not sure if I'll go back.

Pros: View, Healthy, Vegan

Cons: Not consistent , Price , Portions too small

Wonderful vibe with great food and amazing views - Edit

A great raw and vegan restaurant right on the beach with perfect views of the ocean and the trains that rattle by. Menu is small but wonderful. Raw desserts are rich and decadent. Some cooked vegan options. Try the soups. Nice people too. Enjoyed the Friday open mike night. Very casual. Only criticism is that it takes a long time to get the food, but we still ate there three times in three days. Also phone number listed in Happy Cow is wrong.

Pros: food, view, people

Cons: slow service, pay for parking

lovingly prepared, delicous...and a fabulous view - Edit

white rock's so beautiful, but i could never find anything to eat (despite all of the restos, bars, bistros, and cafes) on marine drive. some establishments list vegan options, but these options are usually salad, fries, or something else greasy, carby, and not in keeping with my way of eating, so i was overjoyed to find organic connections!

the cafe is still on 'the strip', but tucked into its own corner, and offers the most marvelous view of semiahmoo bay. their food is delicious, and lovingly prepared; organic vegan and raw options. tried the red quinoa and veggie bowl with coconut curry, and thai lettuce wraps. the cook is from the himalayas, and came out to talk to us before the meal, and then came out after to see if we liked our food. we most certainly did. there's a stage in there, and while we sat and ate, a musician played and sang, so i can only imagine how busy it must get when dusk hits, the water has that moon glint on it, and the stage bustles.

what a wonderful experience; i'll definitely be returning, and will be excited about my next trip to organic connections.

Pros: healthy vegan, yummy, friendly

Return to White Rock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Organic Connections Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 287 times since Mar 2011.