Organic - Boqueria

Contact 933428103

Boqueria, Barcelona, Spain,

Located in the large Boqueria Market on La Rambla and Boquria St, stall no. 129/130. Best to access from Placa de Sant Josep to avoid main meat stalls. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 12:30pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Spanish, Take-out only

First Review by Stevie

Very limited vegan options - Edit

I respect that Organic is making a positive stance by having the only non-meat stall in the market but when only 3 out of 12 dishes is vegan I wonder why bother? The tacos had cheese in them for heaven’s sake. Best to access the stall from Placa de Sant Josep to avoid main meat stalls and any vegans wishing to visit can order the paella, falafel or cous cous but I certainly wouldn't make an effort to go here, as there are so many much better vegan outlets to experience.

Pros: Only non-meat stall in the market

Cons: Limited vegan options, Surrounded by meat stalls

A basic restaurant / Un restaurante básico - Edit

Fresh decent salad buffet, main dish, dessert and tea or coffee. Huge place, as it was an industrial warehouse.Used to be one of the best vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona, but things have changed since the new management. Now it is just a simple, basic vegetarian restaurant.

Bufet decente de ensalada fresca, plato principal, postre y café o té. Local muy grande, ya que era un almacén.Solía ser uno de los mejores restaurantes vegetarianos de Barcelona, pero las cosas han cambiado desde la nueva dirección. Ahora es sólo un restaurante vegetariano simple, básico.

OK - Edit

It is good that vegetarian/vegan food is available in the market which is very accessible, being very close to a metro station, however this offers little more than is available in other nearby take away food sellers so I wouldn't recommend it. The information was not clear on what was vegan or how much everything cost - and we ended up paying over €20 for a couple of trays of Samosa, falafel, rice and salad - which was excessive. Also, the food was greasy, there is nowhere to sit (we were ordered off the tables we were pointed towards, which were actually owned by another business) and the owner gave us extra food in our trays without telling us how much it would cost.

Pros: Easily accessible

Cons: Poor quality food, Expensive

Ok with good surprises - Edit

The place is kinda of hard to find when you enter the Boqueria Market for the first time. It is at the end of the market (when you enter it from the ramblas). I chose a samosa with the paella. Then I received a lot of salad and vegetables and some fried stuff that were really good. And the yellow sauce was also nice. It cost me 10 euros for the portion (it is overpriced by barcelona standards).

Pros: ok food, fried stuff

Cons: 10 euros

nice to see such place in the market - Edit

most of the food comes with cheese and there are few options for vegans...the dishes are overpriced but the food itself is good

Pros: nice food

Cons: price, not enough vegan options

Great idea in a meat filled market - Edit

Organic are a great company, with their fabulous flag ship restaurant on Junta De Commerc. The Market Boqueria is not a place for the queazy vegetarian or vegan. Personally, although I do find it disgusting to see animal carcasses and whole dead birds on full show in a market I am prepared to accept this as a current fact of life. Eventually, many decades into the future it will hopefully be something that people will look back on in disgust. However, the fact a vegetarian company has set up shop here to show people the wonders of meat-free food and stick two fingers up at the meat retailers is rather wonderful. I would not like to eat inside the market but rather buy and take-out as quickly as possible. The food at Organic is excellent serving great value tasty tapas and snacks.

Pros: tasty food

Cons: difficult to avoid the meat

Big dissapointment - Edit

We came here on our first day in Barcelona for a late lunch and were very dissapointed. This is something that gives vegetarian food a bad name. We had a menu for 10€, which consisted of very spicy dry paella, a slice of dried out pizza, half a tomato with some cheese on it, a piece of dried out bread with some spicy vegetables on it, some deep-fried croquettes, all microwaved together but not really warm, and some lettuce. It really didn't look good, didn't taste good, didn't smell good. We will not be going back there, totally not worth the money.

Cons: expensive for what it is, not fresh, not tasty

Overpriced But Decent - Edit

Most self serving plates go for ten euros. It's pretty tasty, however it comes with a lot of "filler" foods that you don't really want in the first place. Nonetheless, I'd recommend it if you're passing through the Boqueria.

Pros: Tasty

Cons: Overpriced, Too much "filler" foods with your main course

echoing the review below - Edit

These are a chain of a pretty bland concept. Vegans will find nothing more than an oily mess and blandness. Organic is Orgasmic is on their Tshirts... sex must be pretty bad in Spain if that's the case....

Cons: bland, oily, limited vegan selection

Hospital street location - Edit

We didn't eat at this location, but since the food in the display at the Boqueria location looks just like the food at the Hospital street location I figured I'd write my review here. Almost all of the food has cheese on it which didn't seem very necessary. We asked which was vegan and was only given 3 choices. I got the spicy burrito and my husband got the non-spicy. It was OK, really nothing to write home about, but they not only give you the burrito, they load it up w/ a weird onion goop, possibly hummus, & something else I don't recall. I really just wanted the burrito but it was a huge plate of food.
When we were at the Boqueria location there was an English couple buying something and was quite shocked when they were handed this plate full stuff!
I guess it's really a good value for the price 6-7 euros, but I could have done without.

Pros: value

Cons: extra's i didn't want or need

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Organic - Boqueria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.