Orchid Thai Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 808-327-9437

77-5563 Kaiwi St (at /on Big Island), Kailua Kona, Hawaii, USA, 96740

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local family operated Thai food restaurant with a separate cooking area for veg food. Tofu and veggies can be substituted or added to any dish by request. Peaceful ambiance with water features.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by McCarroll

Good meal before our flight. - Edit

We needed something reasonably priced, close enough to the airport, and quick to serve. We were pleasantly surprised by Orchid. They pride themselves on using locally sourced ingredients... and we felt the portions were large for the money. Good curry, spring rolls, and vegan gelato.

Pros: Inexpensive, Quick Service, Good food

Cons: Half restaurant, half furniture store?, Looked empty

Good but slow - Edit

My friends and I settled on Orchid Thai. My husband and I are vegan and they eat meat. We were all happy with our food and they were happy to make the pad thai vegan for us. The one thing I would criticize is the speed of the service. Although the restaurant wasn't busy/ almost empty our food took about 40 minutes to show up.

Pros: accommodating

Cons: speed

Great Customer Service - Edit

I had a great experience here at Orchid Thai Cafe. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. Many dishes can be made vegan. At the bottom of the each page of the menu is a message stating that most dishes can be made vegan or vegetarian. I think it's a plus to have that. Makes ordering much easier than having to explain each time. Food was good, and had a nice presentation. Average-to-below-average Kona lunch pricing. Service was prompt and orderly.

Pros: Cool and calm atmosphere, Friendly waitstaff, Lunch specials!

very disappointed - Edit

Lets start with the positive. An ok atmosphere
Now the negatives. Slow,slow,slow.
I have two young kids 6 and 8 and after a day of playing in the ocean we needed something a little faster. We love Thai food but this was just plain bad and SLOW. I strongly urge you to.stay away.

Cons: Slow, Food

Return to Kailua Kona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Orchid Thai Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1476 times since Jan 2012.