Orchid Garden Eco-Village Restaurant

Contact +501-225-6991

14.5 miles, Western Highway, Belize District, Belize City, Belize, 225

Serves meat, vegan options available. A mostly vegetarian restaurant that's part of The Orchid Garden Eco Village Hotel. The owner is vegetarian. Serves Mestizo, Mayan, Mexican, Garifuna, Kriol, and Taiwanese dishes, bread, and hibiscus flower iced tea. The restaurant is a large, tranquil space with low walls constructed out of river stones, topped with lengths of thick bamboo harvested from the banks of the Sibun River. Natural light streams into the space. Also features a unique eco-museum location with butterfly corridor adjoining.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Mexican, Taiwanese, Non-veg

First Review by Jen Hill

A veggie paradise - Edit

This review is overdue... We spent a week there in early March 2014, and we were astonished by the wonderful dishes the owner could come up with every day. The food we had was all cegan, gourmet, flaborful and delicate. And huge portions too. Everyone at the eco-village was extremely friendly and helpful, we also went on tours organized by them.... But the food was truly superior!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Eco-everything

Cons: Nothing i can think of...

Stayed as a guest at the hotel.Highly recommended! - Edit

As a vegetarian, I'm used to making the best of whatever salad and french fries I can find on a menu, but at Orchid Gardens there were always several courses of delicious, fresh, incredible food and I never had to worry about whether the cook's definition of vegetarian would be different than my own. They also serve chicken and fish, though, and the non-vegetarian guests all seemed more than pleased with their meals, as well. I'm told that they've had every stripe of vegetarian/vegan/raw foodist stay with them at the hotel and were able to provide satisfying meals to all. Even after long days of hiking, swimming and caving, I never went away hungry. Many of the ingredients are grown on-site at the hotel, so everything is always deliciously fresh. This may be the only place in Belize that you can get such a great vegetarian meal!

I can't give an opinion on the price of the food since it was included in my hotel package deal, but the price of my trip was very, VERY reasonable.

Pros: Excellent food, Great flexibility w/dietary restrictions, VERY friendly staff

Return to Belize City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Orchid Garden Eco-Village Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1663 times since May 2008.